Chest Rollers now available at ONRope1

ARLO

In case you have not heard, BMS single chest rollers are now available at OnRope1. They are not as pretty as the ones that Rock Exotica and PMI used to make, but they look to me like they should work just fine. For anybody looking to avoid wear-and-tear on your shoulders and elbows when doing long ascents a chest roller is a huge energy saver!

Dan Cobb

I saw that On Rope 1 was getting the single PMI/RE rollers again. Fortunately, a friend who is getting a bit old for vertical caving said he'll sell me his old BMS roller. I have 2 Simmons single rollers and two 30+ year old Gossett boxes, but I want to hoard chest rollers since they seem hard to procure.

ARLO

I saw that On Rope 1 was getting the single PMI/RE rollers again. Fortunately, a friend who is getting a bit old for vertical caving said he'll sell me his old BMS roller. I have 2 Simmons single rollers and two 30+ year old Gossett boxes, but I want to hoard chest rollers since they seem hard to procure.
Yep, get them while you can because the supply seems to ebb and flow.

Dan Cobb

William and Carolina at On Rope 1 are great people. My wife chats with them on Facebook several times a week. They normally set up as a vendor for our caving events in the southeast, which usually draw 600-1200 people. Of course, the pandemic has canceled those in recent times. I don't know if they've ever done any arborist/tree climbing events. They will make custom sewn stuff to your specs if anyone has a need.

oldoakman

Well, someone beat me to the punch. I have been patiently waiting for this release since Christmas time and have been badgering them with emails questioning the release. Fortunately I got one of the PMI doubles that they had made a couple years ago, but am seriously contemplating one of these for my northern gear stash. The Hammock harness that goes with these is also awesome. Half the time I just leave it on and do my work.

Last edited:

ARLO

Well, someone beat me to the punch. I have been patiently waiting for this release since Christmas time and have been badgering them with emails questioning the release. Fortunately I got one of the PMI doubles that they had made a couple years ago, but am seriously contemplating one of these for my northern gear stash. The Hammock harness that goes with these is also awesome. Half the time I just leave it on and do my work.
My favorite is the H-harness. Super easy to adjust for anybody from a really small person to a big person. I also just leave it on most of the time. I have gotten so used to it that it doesn't bother me. IMG_0914.jpg

allmark

I have the single and double with the H Harness. Bought the double from here in 2002 before my redwood climb. Still use it for my SRT Today!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom