Chainsaw Pants for the summer?

ArbMyles

Just wondering what everyone is using for saw pants during the summer? I've been looking at a pair of the Clogger defender pro pants and the Arbortec Breathe flex pros. They seem to be more lightweight and breathable compared to my Arborwear ironwood pants.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I have a pair of the super light cloggers. Whatever the model name is.... and they are hot. Wear light ones and sweat or be reasonable and just put on chaps when it is time to cut.

BooRad

I've found nothing for 75° plus summer heat. Just change in the chipper truck as needed. I'm going to try those clogger zero's Crimson King, so thanks.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Clogger Zeros are the best saw pants for summer that I’ve worn. There’s not really any competition among those I’ve tried. I wear them around the house sometimes.
That's what they're called!
Yeah. They are pretty sharp and pretty comfy. They are also hot.

Treezybreez

I have the Clogger zero chaps and they do seem to be a little cooler than the other brands. The exterior material doesn't seem to be very durable though. The material snags my chainsaw chain (when the saw is not running) and it melts with very little muffler contact.

Crimsonking

I have the Clogger zero chaps and they do seem to be a little cooler than the other brands. The exterior material doesn't seem to be very durable though. The material snags my chainsaw chain (when the saw is not running) and it melts with very little muffler contact.
Are they gen 1 or gen 2?
My 1s weren’t durable either, but my gen 2s have caught barbed wire without tearing.

CanadianStan

Are they gen 1 or gen 2?
My 1s weren’t durable either, but my gen 2s have caught barbed wire without tearing.
I've had both. Gen2 is tougher but still not as durable as a pair of pfanners

With that being said the clogger zeros are definitely the lightest pair of pants out there at the moment

B_Strange

+1 on Clogger Zeros gen 2. Love em. I work in SW Virginia and they are hot but way cooler than jeans and waaaay more convenient than chaps.

I only have one pair and have had issues with the outer material getting small rips and tears from sharp pine stubs mostly. I don’t think it’s Cloggers fault though. If I had two pairs to rotate then I would not be washing/wearing them as often so maybe less chance of ripping. That being said the tip stop outer fabric is outstanding. I carefully see the rips up without piercing the inner protective fabric.

Clogger is an outstanding company. As my business grows I’ll get another pair of Zeros and a pair of Ascends for winter. The Defenders look great for ground work.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I've had both. Gen2 is tougher but still not as durable as a pair of pfanners

With that being said the clogger zeros are definitely the lightest pair of pants out there at the moment
I blew the crotch out of a pair of pfanner gladiator ventilation pants in less than 10 working days.

colb

Can anyone directly compare the breatheflex to the zeroes in terms of both temp control and flexibility?

colb

I have zeroes, btw. I have many knicks in them, and a spot where my saw muffler melted the outer material. two years in them.

Matt hawley

Just wondering what everyone is using for saw pants during the summer? I've been looking at a pair of the Clogger defender pro pants and the Arbortec Breathe flex pros. They seem to be more lightweight and breathable compared to my Arborwear ironwood pants.
Clogger is about as light and breathable as it gets.

Treetopflyer

I'll speak on cloggers zeros for what's already been said.. just put on the sip progress first time the other day and they have zips in rear legs for ventilation and seem fairly durable and lightweight, but not near the zeros lightwieght.. I just dont like the flashy colors on the zeros , the color schemes are not thier best traits imo.. I'd like a simple durable cool pant myself .. none of the pants out currently tic all the boxes , but they're getting there one day, I hope

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom