Business Management App?

In case you don't want to reply, would you use an app like this?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

treewizard14

Hey everyone. I am an arborist that has been running a tree service for around 5 years. With 12 employees, 2 utility contracts, and a residential crew, I spend a ton of time in the office doing menial tasks like job reports, safety logs, payroll, everything. So I have an idea to make an app that I'd like to know your thoughts on.
We use several apps, most of which cost money monthly, to track information. We have a GPS time sheet app, a group messaging app, Quickbooks, receipt scanners, so much, all in different places.
The app I want to create will include:
GPS based time tracking and time off requests (with scanning for doctors notes)
Group messaging and scheduling
Expense tracking with receipts
Sharing documents (like employee handbooks)
Equipment information (such as maintenance records, filter numbers, receipts for previous work, to-do lists)
Reports (from the basics like payroll, to estimates of how much labor went into a job based on location information)
All of this at a very low cost, something like $20 a month and $5 per user.
Do you currently use an app like this? If so what do you like or dislike? Would you consider an app like this for your company?

Phase 2 of the project would be some really awesome stuff. Like integrating some artificial intelligence tools. Imagine seeing "Unusual Activity: John Smith clocked off outside of the allowed area." with the option to approve or deny. Or maybe "Unusual Activity: Mary Jones spent $21 at AB's Supply Store". Also I want to integrate training, toolbox talks employees are required to sign weekly, training quizzes, job safety briefings, all in one place.

flyingsquirrel25

CRM is what you're referring to. There are a few out there already but, if you can do it better and more intuitively then go for it!
I'm not getting a CRM vibe from what he is describing. I might be wrong but it sounds like he's talking about the back end of our business. The maintenance, paperwork (dot, employment, training etc) and job costing. My veiw of what he has described fills a gap that my CRM doesn't even try to fill, but I don't ask it to either.
This sounds like a highly complex app that could have potential, if done right and marketed accordingly. I would probably try it to see if it made life easier. I know my CRM has dropped my office time at least in half since November!

treewizard14

Yeah it won't do much on the customer side at this time, it's more for the management/employees. The CRMs I looked into don't do timesheets or expenses or equipment maintenance information. How did CRM save you half your office time flyingsquirrel25? Thank you both for your replies!

flyingsquirrel25

Yeah it won't do much on the customer side at this time, it's more for the management/employees. The CRMs I looked into don't do timesheets or expenses or equipment maintenance information. How did CRM save you half your office time flyingsquirrel25? Thank you both for your replies!
It has allowed me to manage my clients from the phone call straight through completion and billing and payment in one program. All of my services are pre populated with descriptions all I need to add is the tree, location and anything special about it. The biggest thing has been being able to manage a client list, proposal list, job list, invoicing and payments with a few clicks of the mouse. It has saved huge over my excel maze that couldn't produce these lists without complicated file systems.

@limastreegirl

@treewizard14
Hey everyone. I am an arborist that has been running a tree service for around 5 years. With 12 employees, 2 utility contracts, and a residential crew, I spend a ton of time in the office doing menial tasks like job reports, safety logs, payroll, everything. So I have an idea to make an app that I'd like to know your thoughts on.
We use several apps, most of which cost money monthly, to track information. We have a GPS time sheet app, a group messaging app, Quickbooks, receipt scanners, so much, all in different places.
The app I want to create will include:
GPS based time tracking and time off requests (with scanning for doctors notes)
Group messaging and scheduling
Expense tracking with receipts
Sharing documents (like employee handbooks)
Equipment information (such as maintenance records, filter numbers, receipts for previous work, to-do lists)
Reports (from the basics like payroll, to estimates of how much labor went into a job based on location information)
All of this at a very low cost, something like $20 a month and $5 per user.
Do you currently use an app like this? If so what do you like or dislike? Would you consider an app like this for your company?

Phase 2 of the project would be some really awesome stuff. Like integrating some artificial intelligence tools. Imagine seeing "Unusual Activity: John Smith clocked off outside of the allowed area." with the option to approve or deny. Or maybe "Unusual Activity: Mary Jones spent $21 at AB's Supply Store". Also I want to integrate training, toolbox talks employees are required to sign weekly, training quizzes, job safety briefings, all in one place.
Id be interested in finding something like this as well. In addition to all these functions, I actually would like the customer side of things to be included. Just for the sake of having everything together. Ive demoed most things out there....Arborgold, Jobber, Singleops...... But none of them are quite what Id want. Singleops was pretty user friendly but I really would like a more adequate tree inventory capability.

Keep us posted and I will do the same.

Vinnie Punches

So what did you like in each one you just described? ArborGold, Jobber ,Singleops .I see alot .. You try Service pro? I'm looking for something as well .Old company I talked into getting ArborGold and I really liked it alot was alot it did scheduled, estimates, job cost . Hr stuff , Professional looking estimates sign on spot turn into work orders ..pay online.. .
I started working at different company last year back to written estimate and shuffle through papers to schedule . We are really busy and I'm looking to keep track of$$ and crew production as well as commission . And to save lots of time .

BeesandTrees

It has allowed me to manage my clients from the phone call straight through completion and billing and payment in one program. All of my services are pre populated with descriptions all I need to add is the tree, location and anything special about it. The biggest thing has been being able to manage a client list, proposal list, job list, invoicing and payments with a few clicks of the mouse. It has saved huge over my excel maze that couldn't produce these lists without complicated file systems.
Who are you using for your CRM? I'm talking to Jobber and Arborgold today. Leaning towards Jobber but all input would be appreciated.

flyingsquirrel25

Who are you using for your CRM? I'm talking to Jobber and Arborgold today. Leaning towards Jobber but all input would be appreciated.
We are using Arborgold Sprout. It has all we need as a small company. I could see being able to run up to 2 or 3 crews off Sprout. After that you would probably want to go with it’s big brother. We less than 60 a month for the service, it’s all online and it is super easy to use once set up. And for that matter Christian and his team make that painless too. If you are interested I screen shots of something in particular let me know I can pm a few to you.

The only down fall in my book is there is no accounting on the expense side. But there is only one program that I know that can (quick books), but it doesn’t have the scheduling features like Arborgold (I’m not sure what Jobber looks like).

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom