Border wall climbing comp.

Mowerr

Has anyone read this article or heard about this competition to climb an exact replica of Trump's wall.
I guess Trump claims he had 20 skilled climbers attempt his wall and nobody could do it.
Nobody knows any of the climbers who Trump is talking about and after looking at pictures and reading about the dimensions, that wall looks crazy easy to climb to me.
But then again I heard the wall would be "wired" with new tech to help keep people off it, though it's not mentioned in the article.
To me it's also hard to imagine there wouldn't be barbed wire running the length of the top of the wall which would then make it much harder but still possible depending on the barbed wire configuration.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator

Mowerr

Sorry boss, I did a few archive searches to see if this topic was brought up and didn't see any talk about it.
I'm glad I seen the article you linked because they clearify that the replica is shorter than the real version which makes me mad...because you all know what Trump will say when it gets climbed so easily

Chaplain242

Has anyone read this article or heard about this competition to climb an exact replica of Trump's wall.
I guess Trump claims he had 20 skilled climbers attempt his wall and nobody could do it.
Nobody knows any of the climbers who Trump is talking about and after looking at pictures and reading about the dimensions, that wall looks crazy easy to climb to me.
But then again I heard the wall would be "wired" with new tech to help keep people off it, though it's not mentioned in the article.
To me it's also hard to imagine there wouldn't be barbed wire running the length of the top of the wall which would then make it much harder but still possible depending on the barbed wire configuration.
I did first hear about the wall sections being tested by the best climbers within the special forces groups when the first prototypes were selected, that would be near 18 months ago I am guessing? That doesn’t mean the best professional climbers attempted it

Mowerr

I did first hear about the wall sections being tested by the best climbers within the special forces groups when the first prototypes were selected, that would be near 18 months ago I am guessing? That doesn’t mean the best professional climbers attempted it
No shit.
I'd expect better from those guys right?
Special forces dude are no joke... Hard to believe their best couldn't do it...
So I bet that they had people try it but he's lying about none of them being able to get over.

Chaplain242

Also could be best available in SF as they are often deployed elsewhere. But as an in house test they would be using pretty fit people aquainted with rock climbing so I guess the test isn’t inappropriate. Just depends on someones opinion who is the best...

My childhood was surrounded with people arguing about which SF was the best. Most of these people never got out of their armchair much less served in SF so I guess the accuracy of an opinion in our culture shouldn’t be taken verbatim...

JD3000

Most well-known member
No shit.
I'd expect better from those guys right?
Special forces dude are no joke... Hard to believe their best couldn't do it...
So I bet that they had people try it but he's lying about none of them being able to get over.
My brother in law teaches special forces climbing and repelling

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Watching the 18 second climb says a lot.

'rump never heard the first rule of Internet blathering:

No pics...it didn't happen.

SF or ladders or spring boots...gotta have pics.

Chaplain242

Watching the 18 second climb says a lot.

'rump never heard the first rule of Internet blathering:

No pics...it didn't happen.

SF or ladders or spring boots...gotta have pics.
Just reading the speeches again it mentioned Mountain climbers. Not sure who Trump would be referring to there.

Be interesting to hear the outcomes from the climbing comp being organised just what percentage of refugees could be estimated to be able to climb it, and it’s performance compared to the old wall...

Birdyman88

I can think of several ways to get over that wall with nothing more than some climbing gear. Of course, a good torch to a few spots and you wouldn't have climb it. I just don't see the wall as the barrier. Border patrol coming is the barrier, and some sensors could have the same effect. I must be on another planet or something.

Chaplain242

I can think of several ways to get over that wall with nothing more than some climbing gear. Of course, a good torch to a few spots and you wouldn't have climb it. I just don't see the wall as the barrier. Border patrol coming is the barrier, and some sensors could have the same effect. I must be on another planet or something.
Agreed, in that even prisons have guards on the wall and the wall is just something to slow someone down. Explosives will probably drop any wall section you could think of, as would a tunnel underneath. Thousand ways to skin a cat I guess...

Moats were pretty effective in medieval Europe... maybe that’s next?

Birdyman88

Okay, so set up two base tied systems, mirror images, one for ascent other for descent, with tails around pulleys on Mexico side hidden out in brush or some cover. First climber, who is decent climber, ascends with lightweight rigid ladder to help on those last few feet and going over He also sets up pulley welded to two parallel plates and slips it over metal plate on wall. He descends to our side, then sets up a 3:1 using the columns. Next person is lightweight and ties into ascent line with F8 on bight ofr butterfly to carabiner to simple rope harness. USA side uses 3:1 to pull them to ladder, they climb over and use any descender to come down. Last person undoes everything and hides it on mexico side, then does the hard climb up an over. When done, use camo'ed throwline through gaps and hidden pulleys in Mexico to pull ropes back out to Mexico. Wind up throwline small and tight, tie rubber tubing to columns and bigshot it back to Mexico. Carry the rubber tubing with you and use it for tourniquet, or for hunting wild boar, and then for the tourniquet.

You could refine this and get it pretty minimal, even down to one rope. You could get away with 2 halfway trained people running the op. Wouldn't be hard to fing flow rate to avoid border patrol. But I'm on another planet where shit like this makes sense. Not sure how things work on earth.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom