Boots for hire!!!

Kaleb

Hello everyone. I have been climbing for a few years now and I'm getting tired of wearing my work boots to climb. I am a machinist at heart so I got a pair of boots that is great for hard surfaces and are a little bit on the heavy side to be climbing trees. Let me know what kinds of boots yall wear and can anyone give me any recommendations on boots that might work for me. Thank you

Yimboob

Arbpro evo 2s are okay. Nothing lasts long when it come to climbing trees

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yimboob

The good thing about the evos is theyre pretty comfy while in spikes or just pruning. Although asolo does last the longest, their soles wear out faster than the evos so they dont grip the best.

Z'sTrees

Scarpa and la sportiva mountain boots with a steel shank. They do everything excellently and last an impressively long time.

macswan

I wear the Evo 2. Very happy with them. Was in spikes for two hours today, no complaints

Hoowasat

Inexpensive Carolina logger boots when spiking. Mine have steel toes in addition to the steel shanks. They're holding up well and I was quite comfortable in them during my longest single time aloft ... 6 hours in a tree before touching back down. They are a bit heavy, but comfort is king. Due to their weight, I change boots when doing ground work.

Yimboob

Inexpensive Carolina logger boots when spiking. Mine have steel toes in addition to the steel shanks. They're holding up well and I was quite comfortable in them during my longest single time aloft ... 6 hours in a tree before touching back down. They are a bit heavy, but comfort is king. Due to their weight, I change boots when doing ground work.
As far as steel toe goes, those are some light boots. I loved mine, but thought they were too rough on soft bark trees.

96coal449

Welcome to the buzz, Kaleb. I've been pretty happy with the american made Chipenwas. I will also be getting a moutain style boot that will support wearing spurs, this spring. As mentioned, the Evo's seem very popular.

jdhoward

Army issue boots- sucked, lasted a week
Carolinas- lasted a little longer.
wal-mart hiking boots- lasted longer than both the previous boots. almost a year.
wearing Danner quarries or whatever they are on treestuff. Got em October 2015, still where them. I had May '16 to Aug 16' off though. Also did 6 months of building lines in there. Right now the toe tread is low but the top is still solid, probably do to oiling them weekly. I think I'll have them resoled here soon.

craneguy1

Red wings...steel toe with composite shank, logger sole...usa made...last about a year with care leather care....lightly thinsulated and waterproof...$250.

jdhoward

Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid. Been using em for a few months after seeing them recommended in this thread. Cheap, comfortable, lightweight, work well with foot ascenders. They're advertised as summer hikers, but with decent socks they're fine in a mild winter too.
55 bucks! Damn that's a deal. I worked with a guy that only wore Merrill's. I might buy some if they're this cheap. After all my best boots were from Walmart, $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Connally

Not totally happy with my scaffel lites. Super narrow toe box and there's a ridge in the heel box that gets to me by the end of the day. They are pretty heavy. If I had it all to do Over again I'd have replaced my scarpa fuego with the same boot. With all the variations on feet I just don't think the perfect boot for everyone is out there without trying them all. I hated the matterhorns. I sent them back. Like walking in ski boots.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom