Books

Brando CalPankian

There may be a thread already, though I was not able to find it. I am looking for some book recommendations in regards to IPM, pest management, plant health care, soil care, dendrology, etc. Specifically, short term, books on pest management in the coastal PNW and the Washington penninsula in particular. I am not well versed in all things plant health care here, and I've noticed I have books on a lot of other things, but lacking sorely in pest management and diagnosis of woody plants.

Thank you for any and all recommendations! Hoping between amazon, used book stores, and the library I can fill some gaps in my knowledge.

The Green One

There may be a thread already, though I was not able to find it. I am looking for some book recommendations in regards to IPM, pest management, plant health care, soil care, dendrology, etc. Specifically, short term, books on pest management in the coastal PNW and the Washington penninsula in particular. I am not well versed in all things plant health care here, and I've noticed I have books on a lot of other things, but lacking sorely in pest management and diagnosis of woody plants.

Thank you for any and all recommendations! Hoping between amazon, used book stores, and the library I can fill some gaps in my knowledge.

This study manual should get you going in the proper direction.

Brando CalPankian

I'm a certified arborist already. I am needing more specific content. The isa website has some great books, just wanted to see if folks here "locally" have a favorite go to book.

Thank you for your input.

Jonny

Holler at your local cooperative extension. Bet at least one person there has devoted a ton of time and money towards an education in plant health care with a focus on their particular area, and while they might not have time to actually answer all your questions, they could probably direct you towards some books that aren’t too dated.

Brando CalPankian

Ooo good idea! Hopefully they're open by now. I'll probably swing by there today. I know the master gardeners haven't been active since covid started, unfortunately.

Thank you for the advice!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom