BLD Results

Jzack605

There was some discussion if this was Eranium (spelling) mites or Beech Leaf Disease on these images of a Copper Beech I shared a week or so ago. As promised I’d share the lab results which came back positive for BLD. Just thought I’d share as there’s certainly some similarities between the two and to prevent assumption that it’s one or the other without a lab confirmed result. Not a great disease to see on our Beeches. We will hopefully try treating with Mectinite, if the client signs a contract. He likes the tree a lot so I’m hopeful he does. 1550B4C0-26A6-4E43-B997-48BCE368FC5E.jpeg BBFEDD98-86C2-4245-A129-E630492D78CC.jpeg 266F008B-C3EB-4FD0-8D13-3064EE2B1047.jpeg

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was some discussion if this was Eranium (spelling) mites or Beech Leaf Disease on these images of a Copper Beech I shared a week or so ago. As promised I’d share the lab results which came back positive for BLD. Just thought I’d share as there’s certainly some similarities between the two and to prevent assumption that it’s one or the other without a lab confirmed result. Not a great disease to see on our Beeches. We will hopefully try treating with Mectinite, if the client signs a contract. He likes the tree a lot so I’m hopeful he does. View attachment 76191 View attachment 76196 View attachment 76197
The dark stripes look similar to what I've seen on my Am Beech; but the "erupted scares" look a little different.
Perhaps it is due to the Copper Beech species.
Sorry to see it so far East.

Who / Where did the confirmation ?

My personal good news is that my mature trees have lasted much longer than I initially expected when I first found it.

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
I try to post an annual map of the BLD propagation starting from 2016 :
See:

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom