Black Lace Phytotoxicity

Jzack605

Went to a clients property for a final treatment of her Japanese maple for anthracnose. Upon finishing she pointed out her Black Lace had exhibited some damage following the last application made a few weeks ago. After some discussion and trying to narrow it down it does make sense this may have been at my fault. The Lace is in direct line with the maple, with a driveway between them and the timing made sense as well. I do not recall the wind being significant so it would have been very minor drift. I’m not totally familiar with Black Lace and it’s sensitivities, nor the product used having any particular phytotoxic potential. Was curious if anyone had any insight, or experience with this plant and product.

Luckily she was not mad, more grateful that we were seeing good results with the maple. I’m expecting, errr hoping, the Lace to make a recovery. We adjusted the work order to only applications of Pageant to eliminate the product we saw the damage from to be used in that scenario.

product used was torque on the prior visit:

AI:Tebuconazole, α-[2-(4-chlorophenyl)ethyl]-α-(1,1-dimethylethyl)- 1H-1,2,4-triazole-1-ethanol . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 38.7% OTHER INGREDIENTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .61.3%

70123445-6DEB-4181-9034-F7ACE9EED8A0.jpeg 12F91593-0D94-4D0E-8F33-BEFDFF6D748D.jpeg

JD3000

Most well-known member
Not sure about that Sambucus (?) being sensitive to tebuconazole but Japanese maples are more known for being kinda wimpy.

Have u considered freeze damage, herbicide exposure, etc?

Jzack605

We spoke about herbicide damage and she says none have been used, at least as far as she knows. There was a quick cold burst between now and then, so that’s possible. But it seems pretty coincidental and the damage is quite localized.

I do believe you got the genus. Not a plant I see or think of often around here.

Jzack605

Yeah. I’m not sure how it was confirmed (if it was), if by sample to lab or consult and imagery. After my initial contact with client the rest of the interactions was with the sales rep.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom