Bidding a large contract

Planet Rope

Hello, Tree Buzzers!

I'm excited to say that this is my very first post, and I really need some advice. I'm a CA with a small tree care business and I'm bidding on a big cemetery project where burial crypts are being constructed.

It involves tree pruning, tree preservation ( I.E mulching, fencing, and supervision) air excavating/ air-spaiding, root pruning, and more. There are about 8 large trees being pruned and 12 or more being protected. The CRZ encroachment equals about 200 ft in length x 4-8 ft deep of root excavating where I will be pruning/ preserving roots from heavy equipment just beyond where they dig. I pruned plenty of girdlers before and even have some experience using a high powered pressure washer to remove dirt. ” I know I'm a redneck” but have not been arboricilturally involved to this extent.

I easily came up with numbers for the pruning and preservation, but I'm stuck on how to price this air spading because my experience with it is limited. I only have a couple of days to offer the construction companies an estimate. There are not a lot of arborist in my area ( especially one's that climb) so I dont think anyone is bidding against me. I really want this gig but Dont want to overshoot it, not loos my hat. Any advice would be appreciated.
P.S I'm already having to purchase an Air-Spaid so I really dont have the funds to call a consultant at ASCA. Attached is picture of Tree Protection Plan from the architect. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the actual blueprint.

Attachments

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom