best climbing boots?

treesap

im looking for a good set of climbing boots, anyone have any recommendations?

im gonna be on spikes enough, I need a large heel
need a steel shank
and tall

and also preferably cheap-ish

treesap

how stiff is the sole? I just got back from a climb, and the arch of my left foot is killing me right now, im pretty sure its from putting all my weight on the stirrup of the spikes, I might get the foot plates for my spikes, depending on price

treesap

looking at these, im not liking the price, but at the same time, its only money, vs life long foot issues

rico

how stiff is the sole? I just got back from a climb, and the arch of my left foot is killing me right now, im pretty sure its from putting all my weight on the stirrup of the spikes, I might get the foot plates for my spikes, depending on price
DO NOT get plates, and don't be too concerned about tall boots.. Anything less than a 16" linemen boot is not gonna give you any chin protection....Your chins will toughen up quickly, and the new school boots are far more comfy than any 16" linemen boot...Most importantly you need a proper shank and a proper heel.

treesap

DO NOT get plates, and don't be too concerned about tall boots.. Anything less than a 16" linemen boot is not gonna give you any chin protection....Your chins will toughen up quickly, and the new school boots are far more comfy than any 16" linemen boot...Most importantly you need a proper shank and a proper heel.
not worried about shin protection, just the strap on the spurs going over the heel

treesap

I just need something that is gonna have a stiff sole, or a steel shank, large heel, and tall enough the lower straps on the spurs dont ride up n over the heel of the boots

Cereal_Killer

I'm not downplaying the HIAX, they're great boots (as long as you don't have wide feet) but they're made for chainsaw protection first and foremost. Sure they're made for our line of work but their number one design spec was saw protection not comfort while on spikes, and it's the saw protection you're paying for.
Yes they work well while on spikes, yes they're better than cheap boots in that aspect, but seems like your big concern is comfort so why not buy a boot that's designed for comfort while on spikes as the number one design point?

Fivepoints

I really like Carolina linemans boots. I spent about 3 hours on them this morning. They work well, are fairly comfy on spikes for extended time periods, us a made, and about $250. I spike climb couple of times a month. I need something to do the job but don't necessarily need the most top end money can buy. I have a pair in each of our work trucks.

treesap

to. many. options, ive never been great at picking stuff like this, since there is to many options, and its so specialized, almost no-one has a store where I can try them on, I do have an ag-central down the road, I am going there some time soon to pick some stuff up, they sell climbing gear, ill see what they have

treesap

I really like Carolina linemans boots. I spent about 3 hours on them this morning. They work well, are fairly comfy on spikes for extended time periods, us a made, and about $250. I spike climb couple of times a month. I need something to do the job but don't necessarily need the most top end money can buy. I have a pair in each of our work trucks.
like these?

1611194242421.png

treesap

seems like a real pain in the neck to tie them, may be worth it tho, how is the traction on limbs? I live on red clay, nothing makes a difference for traction on the ground unless its bone dry, so im not worried about that a whole lot

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom