Been Feeling Pretty Depressed Lately

climbingmonkey24

I don't know dudes it seems the further along we get into the Pandemic the more depressed days I'm having. We are having a rise in cases in my state and town. I pretty much have the urge to use on a daily basis.

Not to sound like a broken record, I am grateful for my blessings, being healthy, etc. But sometimes it's hard.

This whole year sometimes seems surreal. Unfortunately it feels like personal struggles and challenges are all intertwined with everything else going on like the Pandemic, etc. It's no longer cut and dry, it's just a bunch of chaos.

Reach

I can understand that feeling, for sure. I was heading that way myself, had gotten real bad a couple weeks back in fact. The pandemic, sitting at home all the time alone, and the long nights are all adding up to some serious boredom, and with that comes the temptations to fall back into old habits for sure.

I found what really helped me was to reach out to my pastor, my accountability partner, and my best friend, and start a group message where I would share each day two things I am thankful for - even better if I can find a way to be thankful for something that went wrong i.e. “I’m thankful the wheel that fell off the trailer did it leaving the shop and not on the highway.”

I asked them collectively to make sure I keep up with my thanks, and that has been a huge boost to my attitude.

JaredDTS

Do you do any kind of exercise outside of work? You create natural endorphins by exercising and help your body and mind to feel better. It can give you something to look forward too and elevate your mood. I know it sucks but after you get through the first 2-3 weeks it becomes enjoyable once you start seeing improvements.

Have you considered any kind of charity work? Getting involved in the community with animals or human animals can be rewarding and keep you from sitting idle and having negative thoughts. See if you can foster a dog or cat that needs some help.

Take up a new hobby like cooking or splicing or anything until you find something that sticks.

Life sucks for the most part. Melancholy can build character and allow for great self reflection but at some point you need to go out and share that introspection with others. I get depressed from time to time and think that its an obstacle to overcome that affects everyone at some point. Its easier said than done for sure but even if you have to get angry at whatever is making you feel that way, use that feeling as motivation to succeed and not let it defeat you.

Boomslang

I've been fighting depression for close to 20 years. Therapy, meds, lifestyle changes. I've done them all. Talking seems to help most. A couple of years ago I got in a really dark place and counselling was able to pull me out of it. I'm not a professional, but if you just want an anonymous voice to talk to I'm here.

Cell #: 705-340-1890
Email: mattheder@gmail.com

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I've been fighting depression for close to 20 years. Therapy, meds, lifestyle changes. I've done them all. Talking seems to help most. A couple of years ago I got in a really dark place and counselling was able to pull me out of it. I'm not a professional, but if you just want an anonymous voice to talk to I'm here.

Appreciate you bro!

climbingmonkey24

I can understand that feeling, for sure. I was heading that way myself, had gotten real bad a couple weeks back in fact. The pandemic, sitting at home all the time alone, and the long nights are all adding up to some serious boredom, and with that comes the temptations to fall back into old habits for sure.

I found what really helped me was to reach out to my pastor, my accountability partner, and my best friend, and start a group message where I would share each day two things I am thankful for - even better if I can find a way to be thankful for something that went wrong i.e. “I’m thankful the wheel that fell off the trailer did it leaving the shop and not on the highway.”

I asked them collectively to make sure I keep up with my thanks, and that has been a huge boost to my attitude.

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better and taking care of yourself!

climbingmonkey24

Thanks for sharing your story and reaching out. Appreciate it.

evo

Be humble, I’m a major depressive. And just learned that I’m certifiable ADHD as fuck. It wasn’t a surprise with the ADHD diagnosis, but it certainly is a massive emotional/ego hit.
The only reason why I’ve managed to survive is pure defiance of the current social constructs of this society. Not saying this is the best path but it’s the one I’ve blazed.
Above all else you have to forgive yourself. Until you do you’re stuck in the infinite record grove until you move the needle. The tracks will end, but the more practice you have with pulling the arm out and flipping the record the easier it will become.

There might be something bigger at play, something unfairly hardwired. Many times addiction and depression are just symptom of something else. You can treat the symptoms, but there isn’t a cure until you get to the cause of the issue.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom