Bandit 90xp chipper.

rudydose

Hi all
I have a or what I believe to be is a 2004 bandit 90xp chipper with a 3cyl kubota engine in it. I feel it works well but not to peak performance. Does anyone know or know how I would find out what rpm it should be running at. I am currently running at 2300rpm at full throttle and feel that is a bit low. I do. It want to jack it up without knowing first because I would hate to damage the motor or hrdrauloc pump.

monkeylove

Is it the original engine? Whether it is or not find the serial number on the chipper frame a call or email Bandit dealer. They can tell you most of the specs. It's more about getting the cutter speed correct than what the engine rpm is. Also make sure governor is operating properly so it gets back to speed quickly.

jim454

I think you should stick with that RPM. Check the Anvil, it's one thing most people forget to sharpen. You may also try to sharpen the feed wheels. I did it on my little Bandit 65 and it made a huge difference.

frashdog

We have a bandit 90 with 65hp. They make them with 35hp engines too, which would be painfully under powered. Honestly anything under 50hp imo would be under powered.
As mentioned, sharp knives adjusted to kiss a new anvil will slice like scissors versus hammering like a hatchet.

rudydose

I had the motor rebuilt last year. I'll ask the dealer which motor it is. Did you just use an angle grinder to put a bit on an edge on the feed wheels? I have done a lot of reading and it seems to be a popular response. I have it in for yearly service at the dealer so the anvil should be good but maybe I'll inspect just to make sure. I'm sure there are treads on here on what to look for and how to do it.

flyingsquirrel25

It is important to check the anvil every time you change knives out. Hopefully you are changing the knives more than once yearly. The little diesels should spin somewhere in that 2300 range, give or take a couple hundred, and with sharp components it should be adequate. You do want to remember it's a 6'' machine and in most cases it will be your bottle neck on jobs.

hseII

It is important to check the anvil every time you change knives out. Hopefully you are changing the knives more than once yearly. The little diesels should spin somewhere in that 2300 range, give or take a couple hundred, and with sharp components it should be adequate. You do want to remember it's a 6'' machine and in most cases it will be your bottle neck on jobs.
I thought a 90xp was a 9"?

http://www.banditchippers.com/bandit_equipment/product_line/product/51

jim454

I had the motor rebuilt last year. I'll ask the dealer which motor it is. Did you just use an angle grinder to put a bit on an edge on the feed wheels? I have done a lot of reading and it seems to be a popular response. I have it in for yearly service at the dealer so the anvil should be good but maybe I'll inspect just to make sure. I'm sure there are treads on here on what to look for and how to do it.
I swear by these.
http://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200627836_200627836?hotline=false

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom