Backordered saws

RyanCafferky

Anybody else dealing with long waits for chainsaws? I paid for a 500i back in December and have no idea when I might see it. My small local dealer told me they have over 200 saws backordered.

Glad I have a good quiver of saws to get me through for now.

Does anyone have a good source for saws?

MooneyPilot

There is a long wait for everything. I was looking for a safety harness for working in the lift and the sites tha sell safety gear were almost completely sold out of everything. I am trying to get engine parts for an aircraft engine and the lead times are measured in months. My son in law needs to buy two 3/4 ton trucks for his business and can’t find them anywhere in Texas.

The Chinese have brought us to our knees with the virus.

ATH

dealer called me about 6-8 weeks ago to let me know that if I needed a saw to order early and plan on long waits.

Mitch Hoy

The Chinese have brought us to our knees with the virus.
Pretty sure it was all the fucking idiots saying the virus isn’t real that took the economic situation from spilled milk to disaster.

Anyways, demand is up, supply is down. Long wait here for a 500i that finally shipped. Waiting with no expected date on 36” bars.

evo

Related? I’ve been seeing quite a few container ships parked in nooks and crannies around the island. Typically that only happens when there are longshoremen labor disputes. It also happened quite a bit last year due to the virus.
Could be a combination of this and other issues with the supply chain. A few months ago there was a rumor of a short supply on Stihl parts due to a lockdown in Brazil, virus related.

Same with other stuff like DMM Focus swivels in large. Nada.
Wait till you see the price gouging that's going to go on down the road! Bidding wars for houses - why not other stuff? I kinda think this whole thing has got to grind to a halt eventually and it isn't going to be pretty. But, off to Walmart we still all go to stock up on as much cheap made in china junk as the cart will carry.
Up here now, if you can't get something done, it's blamed on "the virus". It's become the all encompassing convenient excuse.

As for a really good saw shop - up in Canada anyway, I've used Walkers Saw Shop in Nanaimo, BC - they get it!

Last edited:

chiselbit

Related? I’ve been seeing quite a few container ships parked in nooks and crannies around the island. Typically that only happens when there are longshoremen labor disputes. It also happened quite a bit last year due to the virus.
Could be a combination of this and other issues with the supply chain. A few months ago there was a rumor of a short supply on Stihl parts due to a lockdown in Brazil, virus related.
My dealer said he can’t get stihl saws because of a shortage of shipping containers,,

evo

My dealer said he can’t get stihl saws because of a shortage of shipping containers,,
There is some truth to that, I was thinking of buying one recently and heard the same. The shortage though is because things aren’t getting shipped (or unloaded). I’m sure the canal issue fucked things up, not unlike a job taking a unexpected turn for the worse only on a much larger scale

JMB6

Got my Husqvarna T540XP last week. Some dealers told me that there is a long wait, some wanted about 150$ over MSRP.
One local business (HoldersAndSons, Durham, NC, btw, very nice people) however was able to get it for me at MSRP in about a week!
So this makes me think that the shortage may not be real, and some dealers just use the covid panic to ask above the MSRP!

evo

Got my Husqvarna T540XP last week. Some dealers told me that there is a long wait, some wanted about 150$ over MSRP.
One local business (HoldersAndSons, Durham, NC, btw, very nice people) however was able to get it for me at MSRP in about a week!
So this makes me think that the shortage may not be real, and some dealers just use the covid panic to ask above the MSRP!
The pharmaceutical industry did that to my dad... the $900 bottle for his monthly IV drip quadrupled overnight, the VA refused to pay the hike. It took about three months until the doctors could get the alternative approved for him, gave it and it almost killed him..
I think this is different.. many saws are made in Brazil husky and Stihl. They are and have been having their asses handed to them

Ordered a 500i from our dealer here in Akron, ny about six weeks ago. They had 15 on order and I was number 11 on the list. They have not gotten a single one or the new 400 either.
They have 100k in saw orders in total out both husky and stihl.
When I was in there this past week they had gotten four saws in all stihl 170’s. The delivery man was there as I pulled up. The biggest saw they had on the shelf was some 211’s and zero pro saws.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom