Avant grapple?

802climber

Hey Avant owners, considering getting one. Already have Ryans grapples and many other attachments for SK1550 mini skid. Wondering whether to go with the Avant grapple or get a mini skid adapter for the Avant so they can share attachments? Anything I’m missing here? Thanks

Sgfinco

When we bought our machine it came with the avant grapple on it and didn't want to wait for a bmg to come in. We returned the grapple in a week for a bmg. It couldn't get around moderately sized brush piles, felt heavy on the machine and didn't have the grip for large logs.

802climber

When we bought our machine it came with the avant grapple on it and didn't want to wait for a bmg to come in. We returned the grapple in a week for a bmg. It couldn't get around moderately sized brush piles, felt heavy on the machine and didn't have the grip for large logs.
What model Avant and what model Avant grapple please ?

sticks&stones

had two 528s with avant grapple... one floater and one power swivel. Both were problematic with poorly routed hydro lines and the electronic plug on the power rotator always got torn out after getting snagged on brush. Those were both the regular grapples, not the new HD they came out with which looks much beefier (also much more expensive). I currently have a 755i with ryans on it and it is rock solid. Much better design and build all around

DTS

I have the Ryan’s and BMG grapple I prefer the BMG for most jobs.

Attachments

• 171E997B-3027-43CE-8372-15E00E3026E3.jpeg
    171E997B-3027-43CE-8372-15E00E3026E3.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 9A81BB28-E8D3-4E8F-A422-4C9FA65D13AF.jpeg
    9A81BB28-E8D3-4E8F-A422-4C9FA65D13AF.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 22

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom