Attention Grapple Saw Truck Owners

HigherGroundArborist

Our company is looking to purchase a crane or Grapple Saw truck next year. I’ve done a lot of reading on the pros and cons of each. What I’m interested in is seeing a Grapple Saw truck in action. I’ve never seen one operating in person. I live in Northern Indiana, is there anyone somewhat near this area that would let me come out and observe your crew work with your grapple saw truck? Heck, I’ll even volunteer to pull brush and provide lunch. I just need to see one for myself. Let me know if this might be a possibility for any of you guys. Thanks.

deevo

Our company is looking to purchase a crane or Grapple Saw truck next year. I’ve done a lot of reading on the pros and cons of each. What I’m interested in is seeing a Grapple Saw truck in action. I’ve never seen one operating in person. I live in Northern Indiana, is there anyone somewhat near this area that would let me come out and observe your crew work with your grapple saw truck? Heck, I’ll even volunteer to pull brush and provide lunch. I just need to see one for myself. Let me know if this might be a possibility for any of you guys. Thanks.
Bluestone tree is in Indiana I know the one fella used to be on here
they are on IG dm them go watch and learn from them. Joe and Nate are very knowledgeable and good guys.

VenasNursery

IMO it might be a bit awkward asking your competition to cut your teeth on their machine. Maybe look a bit farther away from your service area.
I don’t have no hard feelings towards any of our local competitors (hope they feel the same)

and I try to help or answer any questions to anyone I could share my knowledge or experiences with

there is enough trees out there for everyone

Now saying that I wouldn’t work with some because of numerous reasons
But still kind to all

HigherGroundArborist

Bluestone tree is in Indiana I know the one fella used to be on here
they are on IG dm them go watch and learn from them. Joe and Nate are very knowledgeable and good guys.
So, please excuse my lack of understanding, but could you please explain what “IG dm” means? I actually just watched a YouTube video last night of Bluestone using their grapple saw. I’d love to be able to connect with them.

flushcut

I don’t have no hard feelings towards any of our local competitors (hope they feel the same)

and I try to help or answer any questions to anyone I could share my knowledge or experiences with

there is enough trees out there for everyone

Now saying that I wouldn’t work with some because of numerous reasons
But still kind to all
I understand wanting to help but asking to do a job with another guys $$$$$$$$$ toy to learn on is a tough ask.

deevo

They are 3.5hrs away from us. I don’t think I would consider us competitors.
I drove 10 hours to NJ twice and spent a week with Rick Yoos, believe me, spend as much time as you can observing, learning and soaking up as much information as you possibly can. Oh and got to hang out with some other amazing arborists, crane operators down there, & play some hockey. I’ve seen guys go out and buy these trucks and have no clue to begin with how to operate a crane let alone one with a grapple saw on the end. @SJ_Treeguy @Mark Chisholm

VenasNursery

I drove 10 hours to NJ twice and spent a week with Rick Yoos, believe me, spend as much time as you can observing, learning and soaking up as much information as you possibly can. Oh and got to hang out with some other amazing arborists, crane operators down there, & play some hockey. I’ve seen guys go out and buy these trucks and have no clue to begin with how to operate a crane let alone one with a grapple saw on the end. @SJ_Treeguy @Mark Chisholm
I would love to work,hangout,observe with more experienced companies to soak up whatever I could
I feel I’m doing good but would like to see other companies too see what I’m doing right and wrong or improve
When I’m on vacation and see a well established company I will pull over and observe or even follow to see everything I can

My poor wife and daughter are not impressed with me on vacation watching Tree Work lol

Rainwater

I’ve not been on here in a long time but you are welcome to come hang out with me on the crane whenever you’d like. I love tree work and cranes, and love talking about them almost as much!
Best way to get me is on instagram, @jrainw

treebilly

I would love to work,hangout,observe with more experienced companies to soak up whatever I could
I feel I’m doing good but would like to see other companies too see what I’m doing right and wrong or improve
When I’m on vacation and see a well established company I will pull over and observe or even follow to see everything I can

My poor wife and daughter are not impressed with me on vacation watching Tree Work lol
I do the same. Speaking of, I’ll be in your area at the end of June @Steve Connally

Gus_B

I know with Covid right now it's pretty much impossible to cross the border here into Ontario however if this ends I have several customers that would be willing to spend the day with you and would be happy to do so. Please note that you being in the USA would prohibit me from quoting or selling you equipment however I'm happy to help you if I can. All my Arborist customers are amazing people and are always willing to help....yes even competitors. You guys are a special breed.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom