Articulating wheel loaders

deevo

I meant rayco 1800 articulating wheel loaders any idea how they compare to avant thanks for help
They aren’t even close, our Morbark guy brought one out and still needs some refinement. not bad but not as nice as the Avant 528. More rigid, controls and other things aren’t as well built. the counterweight option on the avant is great too, the rayco that’s not an option

Jehinten

How well does the rake work on lawns? I'm seriously considering adding that and the scoops to my operation.
In my opinion the rake is hit or miss on lawns as far as getting all of the material. Even on lawns that it may try to tear up you can reduce the downward pressure and let it float and get the large debris. I also like to open my grapple slightly to allow the rake to match the ground slope instead of being held tightly and making more pressure on one side than the other. I usually start raking with the bmg rake while there is still 3-4" diameter debris on the ground, saving the time and labor of picking all of them up.

The rake really shines on pavement allowing you to clean streets and driveways much faster than traditional raking.

chiselbit

In my opinion the rake is hit or miss on lawns as far as getting all of the material. Even on lawns that it may try to tear up you can reduce the downward pressure and let it float and get the large debris. I also like to open my grapple slightly to allow the rake to match the ground slope instead of being held tightly and making more pressure on one side than the other. I usually start raking with the bmg rake while there is still 3-4" diameter debris on the ground, saving the time and labor of picking all of them up.

The rake really shines on pavement allowing you to clean streets and driveways much faster than traditional raking.
So this has been why I haven’t bought one. I didn’t know if it could withstand pushing 4” limbs around. Do you think it’s tough enough to use on a Ponderosa pine drop and chip? After I get all the limbs that I can with the grapples could I push the rest into piles to be grappled and not bend or break tines?

Jehinten

So this has been why I haven’t bought one. I didn’t know if it could withstand pushing 4” limbs around. Do you think it’s tough enough to use on a Ponderosa pine drop and chip? After I get all the limbs that I can with the grapples could I push the rest into piles to be grappled and not bend or break tines?
The tines do bend, I originally tried straightening tines until I just accepted that they would be bent, but it does not negatively effect its performance.

I am unfamiliar with ponderosa pines, I deal with primarily hardwoods and it works great. Haven't had any problems with the white pines that we have here either. If there's one negativity to raking the larger limbs its that you likely will not want to chip them due to the extra debris on them and being entagled in the pile.

What I tend to do is grapple everything that I can until I'm down to the broken limbs from felling or that get ripped apart by the grapple and then I rake. I'll then get 1-2 grapple grabs out of the big raking pile and then rake into a neat pile again and get the clamshells for the rest.

Below was a solo pin oak removal, this is about the point when I will start using the mini to rake. Screenshot_20200801-144343_Photos.jpg

The rake and clamshells also work really well on stump grinding cleanup.

southsoundtree

Someone mentioned cleanup on pavement. Half a sheet of lightweight plywood makes a great pavement cleaner, after being a pad for spinning the mini. Push it in front of you. Like raking, but 4’ wide. Without 80% air space and 20% tines, you get lots of littler stuff, and it’s ready for a quick blow and go.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom