Arborsoftworx vs. Quickbooks

Alright folks, this thread has been posted before but I did'nt find what I was looking for. What programs are you using to manage your business, and what are the pro's con's specifically arborsoftworx vs. quickbooks

We don't use either. Did look at them though. We use Practical Solutions. One entry program - enter a proposal - one click it to a work order - on click it to an invoice - on click it to paid. It produced by Service Solutions out of Ohio.

We use an advanced version of Quickbooks and love it. I have never seen arborsoftworx so can't compare. I can tell you that support for Quickbooks is based in India, and that can be a little frustrating as all they do is read from a book in an Indian accent.

[ QUOTE ]
We use an advanced version of Quickbooks and love it. I have never seen arborsoftworx so can't compare. I can tell you that support for Quickbooks is based in India, and that can be a little frustrating as all they do is read from a book in an Indian accent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Remove the part about the accent, and haven't you just described ALL tech support?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked the support tech one night while he was looking up my question, what to you guys do all night when its slow, surf the internet? He said they don't have access to the internet. He said quickbooks was the only thing they could get on the computer. Of course I asked how come he had to look up my question!!! I knew more about the program than he did. Hey what do you want for 24.95 a month. /forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Has any one used arborsoftworks, and what is their "opinion". I know that it has quite a bit of tracking software, seems real beneficial for the medium to big business, but the support is lacking from what I hear(go figure). I also know the company is a small operation on the east coast(Husband and wife in the basement style). If anyone has experiance with this give a shout. Thanks

I use quickbooks and find it to be very good. Checked in to arborsoftworks but shyed away from it after hearing from a friend who invested in it only to give it up and return to quickbooks.
Mark

I use quickbook pro 2003 and about a week ago found out that they are not going to support 2003 anymore. I use the payroll feature so I have to upgrade.

[ QUOTE ]
Has any one used arborsoftworks, and what is their "opinion". I know that it has quite a bit of tracking software, seems real beneficial for the medium to big business, but the support is lacking from what I hear(go figure). I also know the company is a small operation on the east coast(Husband and wife in the basement style). If anyone has experiance with this give a shout. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds just like ArborGold. I've used them, didn't like the program or the support. I've spoken to the people at Arborsoftworx, and some of their clients who are happy with them. The seem to have a better product than ArborGold.

I've also heard good things about Quick Books. Maybe the biggest plus is that most accountants use it.

Phasthound

QB is the only way to go!

I have a close relative who has purchased both other "Arborist" softwares; after trying both he has returned to the well accepted and broadly known and accepted QB. To my knowledge he was very unsatisfied with both other systems and found the transition to be unbearable.
Why does everyone need to feel they need to change? Quickbooks is known by bankers, accountants, secretaries, etc., Do you want to have to train everyone you deal with on your "Arborist software"? I think not!

Changing this aspect of your business will only be a pain in the rear! Not worth the effort. Use something that the general business world is accustom to. You will be better off!

AS did not provide us with any solution. Their product may be alright if they were to provide customer care. Their lack of support,communication, professionalism, did not exemplify the standards they say they achieve, by being a TCIA Accredite Affiliate. They did not stand behind their product and did not reimburse us for an usueable product. $3200.oo Canadian down the tube!!

The program ca be a great benefit if you use it for routing,and marketing,and the like.It really shines if you have a phc program.It also crosslinks with Quickbooks so all data is shared between the programs.We manage the tree work w ASW and the accounting w QBKS!It works out well but you must passs the learning curve as with all new tools.
Dianna is very nice but at times overwhelmed !!the customer service does lack at times......the question to ask oneself is ......is yours perfect......mine is not no matter how hard we try... so i tend to cut them some slack...even though they have had me tight a couple of times. You can do alot w quickbooks.

yes I agree we use it the same way and with the phc part of it you can batch print work orders and when customers call in you just put their names in and it tells you everything we have done for them. It is a cool program and yes there are some kinks in it but it does work well with QB we have a tree care part a phc and landscaping I have never had a problem with diana or mark and since we first got the program they have hired on more techs and sometimes we get together in the winter months just to kinda update things or if the office comes across questions, its really not a bad program but i think asw and qb compliments each other

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom