Arborjet taking in air at needle

Jzack605

Branched out member
One of my kits randomly started pulling air in through the needle when the plunger loads back again, kind of like a back flow. It has quick connects for the lines and I cut those and reattached on the line from the plunger to the needle but that didn’t work. Any other solutions?

One of my kits randomly started pulling air in through the needle when the plunger loads back again, kind of like a back flow. It has quick connects for the lines and I cut those and reattached on the line from the plunger to the needle but that didn’t work. Any other solutions?
Are you using the QuikJet Air kit/injector?

In my experience using this it could be a couple of things--see attached pic. Sometimes I need to replace or at least clean them out.

Attachments

• Quik Jet Parts.jpg
    Quik Jet Parts.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 7

ATH

Been here a while
also take apart/clean:

70-2366
975-1128 - there is a little check ball in there

Jzack605

Branched out member
The needle was also swapped out. I’ll try all of these suggestions hopefully tomorrow. The unit was clean but did about 200-300 injections in the past week before the issue.

Yes, regarding the in-line check valve, #70-2366: I notice that the ends of the tubing that are inserted in it need to be sharply, cleanly cut so there's a good seal inside the valve. As the line gets pulled it sometimes gets yanked from inside the check valve and thus air gets in and won't pump the product through.

These units work great but can be finicky.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom