Anyone use Arbostar?

Gareth's Tree

That’s expensive! Jobber is about $120/month for 7 users.
I did do the initial demo with arbostar a number of months ago. It did seem like a very full featured program. Has anyone compared the features on Jobber and arbostar? (I know a lot of people use jobber but I do not know how the features compare)

Reach

that is my next look. But how useful is jobber without Quickbooks?
Jobber is a complete standalone platform, it will work fine without QuickBooks, it will just not do quite as much accounting as QuickBooks, so it depends on what exactly you’re looking to get out of it. Can you elaborate a bit on what you want to use it for?

Reactions: ATH

ATH

.... Can you elaborate a bit on what you want to use it for?
*Track clients/jobs
*Track recurring treatments (for example annual for some, every 2 years or 3 years for others).
*Record who has paid/how much
*Be able to look back and say we made XYZ pruning, ABC on this treatment, and LMNOP doing that one, etc...
*Record expenses associated with each job.

I do NOT expect it to track things like:
Payroll
Fuel
Equipment depreciation
Small equipment purchases
etc...

I guess this is where I am drawing a blank...what else would I want it to do that it can't where I would use QB?

Reach

*Track clients/jobs
*Track recurring treatments (for example annual for some, every 2 years or 3 years for others).
*Record who has paid/how much
*Be able to look back and say we made XYZ pruning, ABC on this treatment, and LMNOP doing that one, etc...
*Record expenses associated with each job.

I do NOT expect it to track things like:
Payroll
Fuel
Equipment depreciation
Small equipment purchases
etc...

I guess this is where I am drawing a blank...what else would I want it to do that it can't where I would use QB?
I think Jobber can handle all of that quite nicely, I don’t see anything you need it to do that it will not. Jobber is built to deal with recurring services, and has pesticide application record keeping capabilities built in. I’ve found them to be sufficient, although we do almost no applications anymore.

I think I can send you a code that will give you (and me) a discount if you sign up to try it, and they often have a free month or two so you can see how you like it, but I think you will like it.

Gareth's Tree

I think Jobber can handle all of that quite nicely, I don’t see anything you need it to do that it will not. Jobber is built to deal with recurring services, and has pesticide application record keeping capabilities built in. I’ve found them to be sufficient, although we do almost no applications anymore.

I think I can send you a code that will give you (and me) a discount if you sign up to try it, and they often have a free month or two so you can see how you like it, but I think you will like it.
Does jobber have a mapping capability where you can put pins on a map to designate where estimates and jobs are?

Reach

Does jobber have a mapping capability where you can put pins on a map to designate where estimates and jobs are?
Yes. It does it automatically, in the schedule section. You can see a map of any day’s scheduled quotes/jobs/tasks, etc. You can also use Jobber to route them in the most efficient order to visit. I use that function frequently, during our busy season I often do 15+ quotes in a day.

Gareth's Tree

Yes. It does it automatically, in the schedule section. You can see a map of any day’s scheduled quotes/jobs/tasks, etc. You can also use Jobber to route them in the most efficient order to visit. I use that function frequently, during our busy season I often do 15+ quotes in a day.
What if you have 40+ jobs on the books, can you see a map with all the jobs pinned so you can pick jobs close to each other when scheduling a days work?

Reach

What if you have 40+ jobs on the books, can you see a map with all the jobs pinned so you can pick jobs close to each other when scheduling a days work?
Yes, I believe so, but I’ve never tried it. I know you can see all your customers on a map at the same time, I can play around a little tomorrow to see if I can find a way to see only those with active jobs.

Reach

I did a little playing around with the map today, to see what was doable. You can quite easily see all “unscheduled” jobs at once, or all “unassigned” jobs. You cannot see all projects that have been scheduled for set dates at once, you can only see those on the date you have the scheduled. So for what you want to do, I think it can be done. If you decide to demo Jobber and need walked through how to do it the first time, I will try to help you out.

Gareth's Tree

I did a little playing around with the map today, to see what was doable. You can quite easily see all “unscheduled” jobs at once, or all “unassigned” jobs. You cannot see all projects that have been scheduled for set dates at once, you can only see those on the date you have the scheduled. So for what you want to do, I think it can be done. If you decide to demo Jobber and need walked through how to do it the first time, I will try to help you out.
Thank you! I appreciate you checking that out and getting back to me!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom