Anyone use a Taz Lov2 or 3?

Just found out about this device and with all the rrp, akimbo and bone hype, if anyone is an outlier using the the Taz Lov. Looks compact and midline attachable. Is it worth trying? How come it’s not getting as much hype?
Appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete3d

I use and like a Lov2 but I’m old and do not climb a great deal. Also it’s the only mechanical I’ve ever climbed on so don’t listen to me too much.

It’s very easy on and off the climb line.
There is a small hole in the upper end of the Taz that, if threaded with a loop of throw line, works well to advance the ascender, when connected to a chest harness. (I rope walk with foot and knee ascenders.)
Some say that it’s “jumpy” on descent, and I’ve found it so on Velocity, but for me it’s smooth with Fly type ropes.
It converts to a RAD set up without missing a beat, so much so that I’m tempted to get a second one for positioning to use on my Captain Hook.

Lemonjello

Reads a lot...posts a little
Just found out about this device and with all the rrp, akimbo and bone hype, if anyone is an outlier using the the Taz Lov. Looks compact and midline attachable. Is it worth trying? How come it’s not getting as much hype?
Appreciate any input.

I’ve got the taz3. It’s not great for tree work. Best use I’ve found is ascent in competition. The line goes straight thru literally, It’s kinda light switchy (on/off) on descent. Ironically a ropes wrench works great with it, smooths it out. Biggest benefit it I can be attached to a tight line. More for rope access. Might be good for captain traverse line Rads

I just saw several competitors in “Open Ascent” using a Taz Love. Not familiar with it or what model. One climber was on his way down and went into uncontrolled descent. Not sure if he was using a brake hand. He quickly grabbed the rope and the backup ASAP on his dorsal ring eventually stopped him after maybe 20 feet. As a spectator it was a reminder to always have a good brake hand descending on any device and maybe especially the Taz!

Lemonjello

Reads a lot...posts a little
I just saw several competitors in “Open Ascent” using a Taz Love. Not familiar with it or what model. One climber was on his way down and went into uncontrolled descent. Not sure if he was using a brake hand. He quickly grabbed the rope and the backup ASAP on his dorsal ring eventually stopped him after maybe 20 feet. As a spectator it was a reminder to always have a good brake hand descending on any device and maybe especially the Taz!

Whoa! It’s not as smooth as a rig or ID for sure! If it was new and not trained with or borrowed gear for the climb I could see how it could cause a slip.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom