anyone else prefer the zk-1?

lonniels

I still have my zk-1 and i think i prefer it to the zk-2 and hitchhiker. I might be the only one, but i like how i can adjust it and have it put more friction on the rope. Add a stiff tether and it is perfect!

MooseHead

I kinda have to agree on the zk-1. Now that I'm on the zk-2 I'm having quite a few issues with my hitch binding up. The zk-1 added more friction than the zk-2 does. I'm definitely burning through hitches faster too. Maybe I just need to dial it in more??? The zk-2 sure is sexy though!

BeesandTrees

Good or bad the zk1 is all I've used. I do have the sheave that Surveyor had made up which I like. Yes, I prefer the zk1 also.

Symbioun

I have to disagree. I used my ZK-1 for the first time today since getting the ZK-2 and had a lot of troubles with too much friction.
My setup for the ZK-1 isn't as finely tuned as my ZK-2 but I find the ZK-2 to advance smoother up the rope and engage quicker.
I believe it all depends of your setup though. What works for one person won't always work for another.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Same here the ZK-1 was way too heavy and clunky....ZK-2 is smooth smooth smooth did I say it's smooth....

banjo

I can't say which one I prefer yet. I can say this though, with the 2 I feel like I have to really collapse my hitch to get good speed for big swings, I don't recall that being the case with my 1, which I ran in the most wide open setting.

SuperK

I didnt know where to post my question...so this seemed like the most sutitable spot.

I am a pretty cheap guy and havent bought the new zk2 yet. I would like too just havent yet.

So has anyone had success with a stiff tether with the old wrench? I cant seem to dial it in. My abr tether folds while i am ascending and its kind of annoying.

If there isnt any kind of stiff tethers i can get to work with the old one i may have to break down and buy a new one.

Any help would be great thanks fellow buzzers!

treebing

With the zk1 you can use a shorter stiff tether because the wrench is longer. The sterling stiffy a bit shorter than abr.

SuperK

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I will try that then. I taped my stiff tether at the top so the wrench wouldnt come down on the abr one should i still try and do that on the sterling?

treebing

Yes, anything to keep it semi engaged. It is harder on the zk1 because there is no taper and its wide so you need a bit more material

SuperK

Kevin i figured so just thought i would check. Treezybreez does the wrench go down towards your hitch at all..if you know what i mean it looks like it would but i could be wrong. Definitely looks cool too!

moss

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could rig some kind of rubber bumper at the top of the aluminum tether to prevent the end of the wrench from dropping so low.
-AJ

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom