tnttree

A guy could lose sleep knowing that's tomorrows job
Nice cut -
Ha, i would of hit the fence - my luck
the boys called me Captain
Captain Crash :ROFLMAO:

eyehearttrees

thanks ...
when I gave her the estimate she started crying because it was such a relief. township was forcing her to remove it.
That's mighty righteous of you man, could see how emotively-involved she was even after it was over she was still trembling, must've felt great "saving her day" so to speak, major major kudos man :)

"Didn't even hit my daffodils!" LOL

And thanks for documenting, honestly that was a nail-biter I couldn't imagine going for that myself I mean straps are good insurance but, in something *that* badly decayed, isn't it still a bit of gamble? (actually I feel like it's really *not*, otherwise your luck woulda ran out long ago, I just can't even comprehend the amount of 'feel'/experience needed to do a directional-felling of something so compromised when there's homes as targets! You must have nerves of steel being at that level lol!!)

[edited-in: just checked and it was you who did the intentional-barberchair vid, knew you looked familiar! Thanks for the content man!!]

Sfoppema

yup. Definitely ready to have a shot of whiskey and a cigarette after that one hit the ground. even as a non smoker.
Nice fell! no guts no glory,

Daniel

You are completely FOS...

There is no way you can read the lean from a 2-dimensional screen.

A slight back lean would have pinched the bar and left the top in place. I WAS THERE. The ever so mildest breeze came up after I started the back cut. I felt the wind.

rico

I'm gonna buy you a plumb line for your birthday buddy... Its clear that you don't possess the basic skill needed to do something as simple as read a back-lean... We wouldn't want you running around looking like a hack, would we?

This screen shot is before you started your backcut buddy-WTF were you thinking?

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.40.15 AM.png

Daniel

your observation skills suck. If you look at the leaves, there is no movement until 0:30, right when I start the back cut. Just after the back cut is started, they move and the top begins to sway. It's impossible to accurately read the lean of a piece from this video, but you can clearly see the wind picks up just as I start the backcut.

rico

My observation skills are spot on and the snap shot, as well as the rest of the vid, clearly shows a backlean. We won't talk about your limb weight which was also working against you...

See the hack in a bucket try and take a back leaning top without a tagline.. See said hack loose said back leaning top over backwards and blame it on a "mild breeze"....Silly hack...

rico

As impressive as that video was I am having a hard time getting past yet another on of your gawd awful undercuts Daniel. After a few decade of doing this shit you would think you would have learned how to make a clean and proper undercut? Apparently not...

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 7.42.27 AM.png

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom