An ode to the tag line

Stumpsprouts

Branched out member
Dear 200’ of Allgear ‘Cherry Bomb’ 11.7,

I wanted to thank you for the few climbs we spent together in the fall of 2019. Wherever I was, you were there in front of me, below me, above me. I came up, I came down. You flaked. You knotted.

Then someone nicked you with a saw. And I knew it would happen, because it always happens to Cherry bomb. And I did not shed a tear for you, because I knew in my heart of hearts I needed a long tag line and some part of me wanted it this way.

And my what a tag we have tagged. Big trees. Little trees. Spars. Chunks. Sections of barn. Tie backs. Access lines. Whenever I needed you, you came to me. I tied you into bowlines, into cow hitches, overhands, alpines. We moved things, and in more ways than you’ll ever know, you moved me.

Today we returned home... I was unchanged... you were... changed. You helped me skid two hemlock spars out of a creek. You broke four times. My heart cried for you each time. I tied a double fisherman’s knot. Then you broke at the double fisherman’s knot. I tied it again, and you broke again. Then you broke on the bowline on a bight. Oh, how confused and scared you must have felt, but there was more wood to move, and then I tied a overhand, and this held. And now you are marked by many knots and the cries and tears of the trauma of this day. And I know from this day onward you will always shutter whenever you hear the 6.9 f250 rev up.

I just wanted to say sorry, and thank you, and I know it’s my fault. But I’m going to have to cut 60’ off of you and continue to do insane things with you.

Your greatest admirer,
Me

Treezybreez

Carpal tunnel level member
Such a touching ode to that old faithful tagalong friend.

Reminds me of Helga, my old nicked rigging line. She loved to pull out old bushes and drag logs. Sigh... RIP Helga.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom