Altec WC-126 wood chipper no start (has spark and fuel)

BellinisAuto

Hopping I can get some help here. I have a altec wc-126 chipper here and the fuel line busted, so i replaces the fuel line. fuel tank gauge does not work and its hard to see inside. so I threw 5 gallons in it before trying to start it. well it wont start back up.
Here is what I have done so far
First- check all fuses, all good
Second- checked checked electric fuel pump, its working.
Third- Pulling line of fuel rail, getting fuel that far even stuck pin in psi test port, shoots fuel out
Fourth- pulled each coil tested for spark, its getting spark.

What could be causing it not to fire?
I could not tell if the tank ran dry, could the injectors be clogged?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reach

Could be clogged/misfiring injectors. Have you tried to start it on starting fluid? That will rule out spark and ignition problems once and for all. Don’t run it long, just a couple LITTLE shots of starting fluid through the air filter and crank it until the engine fires. That could also jump start the injectors, I’ve had that work for me before although more commonly on diesels that just won’t prime.

If the engine fires on starting fluid, start checking injectors or plug it in and run a diagnostics scan, make sure there’s nothing causing it to not allow fuel through the injectors. These new engines are picky, one sensor off a little and nothing works.

BellinisAuto

Could be clogged/misfiring injectors. Have you tried to start it on starting fluid? That will rule out spark and ignition problems once and for all. Don’t run it long, just a couple LITTLE shots of starting fluid through the air filter and crank it until the engine fires. That could also jump start the injectors, I’ve had that work for me before although more commonly on diesels that just won’t prime.

If the engine fires on starting fluid, start checking injectors or plug it in and run a diagnostics scan, make sure there’s nothing causing it to not allow fuel through the injectors. These new engines are picky, one sensor off a little and nothing works.

Thanks for the reply guys. so this chipper has no safety switch and no door to the blades. vary simple chipper. it has the ford 4cyl in it. I sprayed starting fluid into it this morning and nothing. so I took the top cap off the inter chipper for better access to the engine, so once again I checked everything over again. had fuel to the rail, had spark at the coils, and went to check compression for the hell of it, well when i took the plugs out.... let me tell you they are bad. I'm not sure this thing has ever had new plugs. so i have a new set coming. should be here sometime today. will let you guys know.

BellinisAuto

also when I noticed how bad the plugs were. I cleaned them with a brush threw them in and threw them back in to see what happens. it doesn't start but it does pop a couple times each crank but not enough to run her

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom