Akimbo and other multicender update rumors...

John@TreeXP

I'm starting this thread to see what's happening with the much anticipated release of the Akimbo, or other multicending climbing devices that are expected to hit the market in the near and distant future. Rock Exotica has the rights to the Akimbo, right? Have they shelved it, in favor of the Unicender? I personally have nothing new to report, but I can say that my article about Multicending Rope Runners, Unicenders, Rope Wrenches, Hitch Hikers, Bull Dog Bones and next gen multicenders, generates significant traffic at www.treexp.com and for that reason, I owe it to my fan base to keep them duly informed. Any new info will be appreciated, including demo vids, reviews, general observations, etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: ATH

evo

I'd contact Rock Exotica for the info straight from the horse's mouth. I THINK I heard that Rock E is moving shop, but the plan is early to mid 2018.

colb

I'm starting this thread to see WTF is happening with the much anticipated release of the Akimbo, or other multicending climbing devices that are expected to hit the market in the near and distant future. Rock Exotica has the rights to the Akimbo, right? Have they shelved it, in favor of the Unicender? I personally have nothing new to report, but I can say that my article about Multicending Rope Runners, Unicenders, Rope Wrenches, Hitch Hikers, Bull Dog Bones and next gen multicenders, generates significant traffic at www.treexp.com and for that reason, I owe it to my fan base to keep them duly informed. Any new info will be appreciated, including demo vids, reviews, general observations, etc. Thanks!
Most of the Akimbo info stays current on the "this is the akimbo" thread. I, personally, feel this new thread is perhaps unneccessary. Not meaning to discourage you from starting new threads in general...

John@TreeXP

Thanks for the referral. My apologies if this thread overlaps another similar one. If the consensus is that this thread is unnecessary, I'll gladly remove it. I noticed that thread has over 70 pages of entries covering a broad range of issues. In any case, my inquiry isn't only intended for the Akimbo, but includes respective timelines for any updated or new multicending devices, as well.

Last edited:

John@TreeXP

I'd contact Rock Exotica for the info straight from the horse's mouth. I THINK I heard that Rock E is moving shop, but the plan is early to mid 2018.
I called and spoke directly to a Rock Exotica customer service rep. She indicated that the Akimbo's anticipated release is summer/2018 and further details will be appearing on their web site, at some point. I also asked about the Unicender and if the Akimbo will replace it. They said the Uni will continue to be manufactured in it's present form, in addition to the Akimbo.

Last edited:

texski

Any updates on this for us? I've just recently seen the Akimbo videos, and I'd love a chance to get my hands on one.

@John@TreeXP, I liked your article on the multicenders, thanks for writing it.

Cheers
SAM
Just talked to RE yesterday. Once again they pushed the date back. Now saying Fall 2018. They said making modifications for “larger” ropes. I thought Jamie’s version already handled 13mm. Wanting an Akimbo, but having HUGE doubts Rock Exoctica can deliver.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom