Advice: Vermeer S600TX drive control plunger leaks (joystick)

mickeyaaaa

Hi All, i just got started in mini-skid services and bought a Vermeer S600tx with low hours (500).

Didn't notice when i tested it but the main drive control joystick leaks - appears to be the plungers letting Hyd. fluid pass by. Seal kit does not include anything to seal plungers, so replacement of the plungers is the only parts option...

Have any of you come across this problem? any magic fairy dust products out there that can seal these without replacing?

It seems strange that a machine could wear these out with only 500 hours on it. I'm looking at almost $600 for 4 little plungers from Vermeer plus a 84 day wait time as they are out of stock. drive control joystick plungers.JPG

Nish

Boo to Vermeer. I've got the same machine, but I've not had this particular problem. The Vermeer dealer and mechanics have been a costly frustration to us.

Jehinten

Hi All, i just got started in mini-skid services and bought a Vermeer S600tx with low hours (500).

Didn't notice when i tested it but the main drive control joystick leaks - appears to be the plungers letting Hyd. fluid pass by. Seal kit does not include anything to seal plungers, so replacement of the plungers is the only parts option...

Have any of you come across this problem? any magic fairy dust products out there that can seal these without replacing?

It seems strange that a machine could wear these out with only 500 hours on it. I'm looking at almost $600 for 4 little plungers from Vermeer plus a 84 day wait time as they are out of stock. View attachment 59533

I'm only speculating but those cylinders likely have common o-rings to keep the fluid in. It may he an easy fix once you take it apart.

I completely unassembled and inspected my controls on my s600, it's old enough that it's a bank of 5 control levers instead of the joystick, other than some ball bearings and needle valves it was solid steel and o_rings.

craneguy1

Don't have one, nor knowledge on minis, but a vermeer dealer can put an "emergency rush" on parts that come up as a crazey backorder time...usually cuts it down to 2-3 weeks. Use a bucket of rags till then. Knowing vermeer, they wont be regular o-rings; it will be something stupid like sae outside dimensions with metric internal dimensions, making it proprietary so they can screw you on replacement parts...but maybe you will get lucky.

mickeyaaaa

Thanks for the tips - i'll pull it apart and see if there's o-rings to replace there before i order anything. was also thinking maybe there is aftermarket joysticks maybe i can just replace the whole assembly...

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom