Adjustable Friction Saver

StevenEarley

Hey guys, I’m new to splicing and have only done a couple tight eyes on 16-strand rope to make a lanyard so far. I’m interested in making an adjustable friction saver and I’m wondering, what kind of Prusik cord you guys would recommend to make the adjusting loop/ring with?

What type of splice do you use on Prusik cord?

Thanks

Merle Nelson

Welcome to TreeBuzz Steven. You've done more advanced splicing than I but others will chime in soon enough.

Have you seen the Trees Stuff free info on splicing by Nick Arraya(sp)? Or that they also sell a electronic version of Nick's info that is far more involved on splicing?

Brocky

Tenex Tec, TRex, and the Icetail are 12strand, hollow braid hitch cords that are spliced with a locked brummel and bury, probably the easiest method. Or there are a lot of the hollow braids that have covers that are a little more involved. There are also some double braid hitch cords for another type of construction and different splice.

StevenEarley

Tenex Tec, TRex, and the Icetail are 12strand, hollow braid hitch cords that are spliced with a locked brummel and bury, probably the easiest method. Or there are a lot of the hollow braids that have covers that are a little more involved. There are also some double braid hitch cords for another type of construction and different splice.
How would you do locked Brummells if both eyes are on the same ring?

Brocky

After inserting the tail to form the eye around the ring on the second eye, skip 2 or 3 strands and unbraid the tail. Divide the strands into two groups, and wrap each around the cord and rebraid and bury. The drawing shows a covered cord, but the method is the same.
B89EFF98-BA72-475F-9271-D3668E51BB03.jpeg

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom