Adding ring to lanyard?

macrocarpa

Anyone have a more clever way to add a ring on a lanyard as tight as possible to the chainsaw attachment? I just girth hitched the ring all together and zip tied it from the bottom but it seems like there has to be a better way that would be removable without cutting a zip tie every time. Not sure why more lanyards don’t have a loop as high as possible.

Attachments

• E5027870-9C19-47F7-BF5E-185E7464BD88.jpeg
    E5027870-9C19-47F7-BF5E-185E7464BD88.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 48701789-0AD9-4740-9D67-4F741A7F8A43.jpeg
    48701789-0AD9-4740-9D67-4F741A7F8A43.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • C32490AF-8254-435F-B245-87BC62847558.jpeg
    C32490AF-8254-435F-B245-87BC62847558.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51

Reach

Anyone have a more clever way to add a ring on a lanyard as tight as possible to the chainsaw attachment? I just girth hitched the ring all together and zip tied it from the bottom but it seems like there has to be a better way that would be removable without cutting a zip tie every time. Not sure why more lanyards don’t have a loop as high as possible.
Buy a Reecoil lanyard, they have a loop for a carabiner within about half an inch of the attachment point on the saw, and a second attachment point that is very close when you girth hitch a rear handle.

macrocarpa

Buy a Reecoil lanyard, they have a loop for a carabiner within about half an inch of the attachment point on the saw, and a second attachment point that is very close when you girth hitch a rear handle.
The recoil does look like the best option for a loop up tight. I don’t like the saw dangling around my shins the way most lanyards are set up.

Tree-Taylor

The leather part is cinched down with throw line through the holes at the base of the 200t, the metal part is secured with heavy duty zip ties to the lanyard attachment at the back of the saw. I have it all tightened up so it is one with the saw. I always found that rings on lanyards were floppy and small, combined with the shembiner you can quickly slam your saw onto your harness while taking a top or retrieve it from your hip without even looking. It doesn't look pretty but neither does the climber using it.

macrocarpa

If cutting the zip strip is the only downside of your current configuration, this might work.
View attachment 70339
I didn’t even know those existed! I ended up just zip tying the ring directly to the Chainsaw where it will stay permanently. Then girth hitch the lanyard around both. Seems like it should work pretty good for lightweight Climbing saws.

Attachments

• E1EA6025-1F7A-4A5A-9F60-28DD20B258ED.jpeg
    E1EA6025-1F7A-4A5A-9F60-28DD20B258ED.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 23986085-1BC4-4FE6-AC06-F8F6A9C485AE.jpeg
    23986085-1BC4-4FE6-AC06-F8F6A9C485AE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22

Jehinten

I didn’t even know those existed! I ended up just zip tying the ring directly to the Chainsaw where it will stay permanently. Then girth hitch the lanyard around both. Seems like it should work pretty good for lightweight Climbing saws.

A petzl open may work well for that, for a more secure connection then zip ties to hold it ridgid. Although it will throw the orientation off a little

evo

What about one of these? I use them on my bigger saws, but the other ones that have a ring if you take the saw eye through the saw and through the ring then girth it keeps the ring much closer to the saw and easier on and off 6650F79C-A633-42BB-A8FE-42A3931D22A7.png

Bart_

I've got a non stretch lanyard with a few inches between the 200T ring girth hitch and the lanyard ring, so you grab the lanyard with your palm/fingers and open your caritool/etc with your thumb to get the saw in one motion. How do you, or can you, do that with a rigid ring device at the back of the 200T if I assume you grab the saw by its top handle? I would think your thumb couldn't reach the caritool etc catch spring. Or do you two hand release/unhang so you get the hanging up directly one handed holding the top handle? Curious.

SeanRuel

I wish someone made a lanyard with a super close ring hang. I made my own out of tenex, worked ok. Ive just started hanging my saw off the side handle, really like how out of the way it is

Mowerr

I made a saw lanyard with 3strand....very similar to my recoil lanyard. I made one end a long enough eye to girth hitch to a handle and in the middle of the splice I put a small ring in there under 2 of the tucks and I just made the splice a little longer than needed to ensure the tucks would be strong enough and not loosen up over time.
I don't use it everyday but mostly just for rear handles and I've been using it about 4 months with no issues at all. Though the biggest saw I've hung on it was only a husky 372 with I think 28 inch bar.

Anawan

I used a petzl open O for years on my 200t and loved the way it hung on my harness, very tight. I think this should do exactly what you’re trying to do.

Mowerr

I need some of those too but everywhere I look, their out of stock and won't ship for weeks... Please let me know if you have a source with them in stock!

Anawan

I need some of those too but everywhere I look, their out of stock and won't ship for weeks... Please let me know if you have a source with them in stock!
Haven’t picked one up in a while. Just looked it up, looks like Treestuff has them in stock.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom