Adapt Bobcat Mt to Ditch witch mini plate on a branch manager

Time to upgrade my 2013 bobcat mt52, i purchased it back 3 years ago from the orignal owner, this machine has been a tremendous piece to my business. I have put about 600 hours machine has 900 on it now. This unit paid for its self the month I purchased it “no regrets”
With the high resale on used rite now it made sense to make a purchase of a new unit. I ordered a Ditch witch sk1050 60 days ago, its now on a truck heading my way.

I have several attachments I want to convert to the ditch witch plate. I intend to stick weld a blank Ditch witch plate to the face of the bobcat made attachment. i see the plates available are 1/4” steel.

Has anyone done this and has it worked as intended. I see the blanks available through eBay around $140 and are instock despite covid.

Last edited:

Reach

Been here a while
I have never done what you are proposing, but I see no reason it will not work, so long as you are a good enough welder and have sufficient contact surface to install the mount.

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
It will likely work but if it were me I'd probably cut the sides off of the Bobcat plate so that its just a piece of flat steel, then weld that to the blank Toro plate. It'd allow for more surface contact as well as move your load a couple of inches closer to the machine, increasing your lifting capacity (although probably by very little considering the amount of distance that your looking at.)

tnttree

Participating member
It will work just fine - weld it solid
remember to check your boom all the way down
if you weld the "toro/DW" universal plate to high on the MT plate
The log dogs can make some ugly scars on aspalt and concrete

Thanks for the thread bump, i did not have the plates in hand that was the reason for the posting. I committed to the purchase of 4 plates and i did end up welding them to my mt forks, auger, and some other attachments, it worked as i had hoped, no issues and was quite cost effective, i did order a new branch manager versus welding although i wish i had just welded, the bobcat mt has a wider base which helps hold the butts of brush.

Attachments

• 16D6EE4C-DF47-4FF7-B7A5-17B98B22BBEA.jpeg
    16D6EE4C-DF47-4FF7-B7A5-17B98B22BBEA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • F67496A4-83ED-431B-99BD-F2E34D822910.jpeg
    F67496A4-83ED-431B-99BD-F2E34D822910.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
It will likely work but if it were me I'd probably cut the sides off of the Bobcat plate so that its just a piece of flat steel, then weld that to the blank Toro plate. It'd allow for more surface contact as well as move your load a couple of inches closer to the machine, increasing your lifting capacity (although probably by very little considering the amount of distance that your looking at.)
Thanks for the thread bump, i did not have the plates in hand that was the reason for the posting. I committed to the purchase of 4 plates and i did end up welding them to my mt forks, auger, and some other attachments, it worked as i had hoped, no issues and was quite cost effective, i did order a new branch manager versus welding although i wish i had just welded, the bobcat mt has a wider base which helps hold the butts of brush.
I had no idea that the Mt plate was so much bigger than the Toro. Obviously my previous idea wasn't necessary due to the size. Glad to see it all worked out for you.

Fivepoints

Branched out member
I know its kinda late, but Bradco makes a nice adapter that goes from the ditch witch plate to the Mt plate.

tnttree

Participating member
I know its kinda late, but Bradco makes a nice adapter that goes from the ditch witch plate to the Mt plate.
There are several after market adaptors
Pros - if you have a MT and a Toro you can still use on both machines
Cons - extra weight 60~80lbs - pushes attachment out farther lowering your lift capacity - expensive

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom