Accident report on Facebook

Stumpsprouts

Branched out member
I think an Omni on a bridge would be unwise. for risk of the button getting depressed, and opening up the cheek plates. My 2 cents
Myself and others are using the Omni swivabiner as a bridge attachment and I have no qualms with it. It is a better bend radius than a ring. The rope bridge takes much less wear. The double action button is not something I think could be depressed twice and sheathe rotated by anything other than the deliberate action of a human hand.

It is not the bridge attachment I would start someone on, and I wouldn’t push it on anyone. But I feel very comfortable using it.

Chaplain242

Branched out member
Myself and others are using the Omni swivabiner as a bridge attachment and I have no qualms with it. It is a better bend radius than a ring. The rope bridge takes much less wear. The double action button is not something I think could be depressed twice and sheathe rotated by anything other than the deliberate action of a human hand.

It is not the bridge attachment I would start someone on, and I wouldn’t push it on anyone. But I feel very comfortable using it.
Could always have a velcro wrap over button if one wanted more security...

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Does the button have two action on the small Omniblock? Mine doesn't.

Edit:
I am curious about the double-action button on Omni Swivabiners.

Last edited:

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Omni swivabiner is marketed as easy open for the pulley.
No thanks.
I'll stick with my cheap, easy to replace bridges, and cheap rings.

I rarely vary rarely MRS-it while working, sometimes for descent, so twisting is not an issue.

treesap

Participating member
Omni swivabiner is marketed as easy open for the pulley.
No thanks.
I'll stick with my cheap, easy to replace bridges, and cheap rings.

I rarely vary rarely MRS-it while working, sometimes for descent, so twisting is not an issue.
im not going to use a swivabiner, just a normal omni 1.1, since I can tie into it like you normally would with a ring

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
im not going to use a swivabiner, just a normal omni 1.1, since I can tie into it like you normally would with a ring
If going for a swivel pulley I'd suggest the rock Exotica rook/notch rook https://www.treestuff.com/notch-roo...f8O4R48nUMysG5SuxoWigncdwPMs4yexoCGjcQAvD_BwE

In addition to not easily removable (no concerns of accidentally opening it) it also has keepers for your carabiners to keep everything inline. It's occasionally helpful but not a deal breaker.

That said on my latest harness I went with just a ring and I don't actually miss the pulley except when using multiple spread out tie in points, being able to spin around without fouling up systems was nice.

treesap

Participating member
If going for a swivel pulley I'd suggest the rock Exotica rook/notch rook https://www.treestuff.com/notch-roo...f8O4R48nUMysG5SuxoWigncdwPMs4yexoCGjcQAvD_BwE

In addition to not easily removable (no concerns of accidentally opening it) it also has keepers for your carabiners to keep everything inline. It's occasionally helpful but not a deal breaker.

That said on my latest harness I went with just a ring and I don't actually miss the pulley except when using multiple spread out tie in points, being able to spin around without fouling up systems was nice.
id be down to try a rook, seems like a nice piece of kit

I would like to be able to take the pulley off without un tying my bridge, mainly because I dont want it slamming into my knees when im not tied into it

I just need to find places that sell notch that isnt sherril or treestuff, im not using them again, after shipping delays, and wespur having my stuff to me in like 2 days

treesap

Participating member
There is a reason a large majority of climbers choose NOT to run a pulley on their rope bridge.
well, its an opinion, if you dont want to use a pulley on your bridge, then dont

ive tried both, and prefer using a pulley, if you dont like that then good for you

rico

Been here a while
id be down to try a rook, seems like a nice piece of kit

I just need to find places that sell notch that isnt sherril or treestuff, im not using them again, after shipping delays, and wespur having my stuff to me in like 2 days
Since you don't have the foggiest idea what a pulley on your bridge actually feels like when you are actually climbing, i would strongly suggest you try a cheaper pulley on your bridge fro a few rec climbs before you spend money you don't have. Who knows, you might not like a pulley on your bridge? Most of us dont.

treesap

Participating member
Since you don't have the foggiest idea what a pulley on your bridge actually feels like when you are actually climbing, i would strongly suggest you try a cheaper pulley on your bridge fro a few rec climbs before you spend money you don't have. Who knows, you might not like a pulley on your bridge? Most of us dont.
like I said, ive tried it and like it

you dont have the foggiest idea what experience I have

Stumpsprouts

Branched out member
I would like to be able to take the pulley off without un tying my bridge, mainly because I dont want it slamming into my knees when im not tied into it
Yes, it’s awesome to take it off the bridge and not have it slam on knees. I keep a ring on the secondary bridge for secondary device. I climb with both, prefer a pulley slightly. I guess this is an earth shattering opinion lol

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom