A useful and FREE green industry magazine

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
For several years I've had a free subscription to PRO magazine. The main focus of the techincal articles are to landscapers and grounds maintenance companies. The business articles are THE BEST that I have ever read. There is always an article that I learn from. They have articles written by people with a business background talk about their area of expertise.

It's worth the cost of the subscription...FREE!

Some of the articles are on-line I see.

http://promagazine.com/

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Hmmm...I went to the Pro home page and entered a subscription request with fake info just to get past the first pages. I got to the point where they asked if I wanted to continue my FREE subscription...

Look on the left side of the page, belwo "Print subscription"

Tree_Wizard

I get mine free. Of course I've had the subscription for 12 to 15 yrs now. Every year I get card that asks if I want to continue my "free Subscription." I agree with Tom - they do have good business articles.

okietreedude1

[ QUOTE ]
This is VERY strange ;)

Worth paying for??? How much is a subscription? Take a look at the articles that they have archived on the website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, I tried it again and this is what I got. The subsription for 1 yr is $55, 2 yrs 95.

We appreciate your interest in PRO magazine. Unfortunately, due to strict qualification requirements and independent audit regulations, we are unable to add your name to our complimentary subscription list. You can, however, be part of a growing number of industry professionals who read PRO on a regular basis. Your subscription can help you take advantage of our comprehensive coverage of the lawn maintenance and landscape industries, including the annual Product Showcase issue published each February.

Whatever.

Shayne Picard

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...I went to the Pro home page and entered a subscription request with fake info just to get past the first pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps this is the key? Tom, did your fake information include a different occupation (such as landscaping)?

I entered my real information and was denied a complimentary subscription as well.

Shayne Picard

I contacted the publishers. Here are some quotes from the exchange that took place:

My initial contact: [ QUOTE ]
I was trying to request a complimentary subscription to PRO magazine via your web page. Why was I denied a complimentary subscription?

[/ QUOTE ]

The response: [ QUOTE ]
It is how you filled out the form, we do have guide lines we must follow. If you are in the landscape or lawn care business you do qualify for a free subscription.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reply: [ QUOTE ]
My company focuses on tree care (selection, planting, maintenance, pruning, and removal when necessary). While I don’t hold myself out as one who offers the full gamut of landscape services, I am certainly required to work closely with landscapers and often must tailor my selections and planning to fit within the landscaper’s overall plan. Do I qualify for a complimentary subscription because of my work within a narrower field of landscaping?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Final Response: [ QUOTE ]
Yes, you qualify for a free subscription under landscaping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I then returned to the website. On the information page, I check box 52 (Landscape Contractor (maintenance and installation)). I based this upon the rep's response to my questions. The page let me sign up without any problems. I would imagine that anyone fitting the description above would be equally elligible.

Hope this helps.

Redbull

When I first filled it out I checked the Landscape Maintainance/Install box and checked other for the box that best described me. I got denied.
I went back and selected the box for corporate management, and got the subscription. Seems like they are targeting the decision makers for the companies they send mags to.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom