A new boot sock

I run a health and technology company. We sell an advanced textile 3-in-1 boot sock - proprietary weave and yarn. The sock is a versatile boot sock. Originally designed for a boot.

The wool which is available in medium and heavy has a built-in gradient to help prevent water molecules soaking the feet keeping the feet dry. This isn't a waterproof sock.

Unlike many wool (Merino and Alpaca mix) socks it’s a bit thinner so it doesn’t get in your way. One of our technical designers is a fly fisherman and he wades high water for hours without any issues. The synthetic can be worn as a boot liner for less friction and it will keep the feet dry.

The sock is breathable, all-natural antimicrobials and form fit the fits the foot. Our prototype was 95% done and we recently got the first batch of our newest version which is ready for market. Try these socks and you’ll never look back.

If you would be willing to try out a pair message me or comment below. I have a few pairs of wool in stock. We also a lot of pairs of synthetic.The sock has all natural antibacterials, no seams and there's a built in compression that keeps the blood flowing.

The best way to see a few pairs, and to learn more is to go to our page below:

https://careremotestore.com

https://www.facebook.com/careremoteco/?modal=admin_todo_tour

We have a sale going on but, if you come through from Tree Buzz I'll throw in a pair of our prototypes.

We've been swamped with orders so we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

I will answer any questions you have.

Jonny

Gonna try to make a killing in the sock market, eh? ;)

I’m interested, I will be needing a few more pair of winter work socks, I was gonna go with SmartWool, just to see what the hype is about. So far I’ve only good things to say about merino wool.

How do the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties hold up to repeated wash and dry cycles? Are they an odor prevention thing? Assuming personal hygiene is right and no fungal infections present, how do they do with foot odor that sometimes comes with a week of 14 hour days wearing the same boots? Socks changed and feet bathed everyday, but the boots are sometimes the same all week.

I’ve had some bad body odor before within a few hours of my last shower when wearing UnderArmor or similar synthetic type shirts. Some polyester/ moisture wicking Ts I had made by Badger athletic wear, were great with not getting funky, but many get stinky.

Welcome to TreeBuzz

Gonna try to make a killing in the sock market, eh? ;)

I’m interested, I will be needing a few more pair of winter work socks, I was gonna go with SmartWool, just to see what the hype is about. So far I’ve only good things to say about merino wool.

How do the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties hold up to repeated wash and dry cycles? Are they an odor prevention thing? Assuming personal hygiene is right and no fungal infections present, how do they do with foot odor that sometimes comes with a week of 14 hour days wearing the same boots? Socks changed and feet bathed everyday, but the boots are sometimes the same all week.

I’ve had some bad body odor before within a few hours of my last shower when wearing UnderArmor or similar synthetic type shirts. Some polyester/ moisture wicking Ts I had made by Badger athletic wear, were great with not getting funky, but many get stinky.

Welcome to TreeBuzz
Hey Jonny:

Good to meet you.I guess so after tons and tons of work, research and investment to create a product that will make a difference.

SmartWool is a fairly good sock. Our sock is an advanced textile sock with a different structure. It allows the sock to perform differently. We use a proprietary fabric and the weave of the sock is completely different that what's out there.

After washes the fibers refresh. People describe the sock as getting softer after washes. Of course over time the sock will go through wear and tear but, our socks are durable.

Yes, the antibacterials are 100% all natural organic so there is none of these metals that can leech into the skin. The antibacterials are lab tested to fight the most common bacteria keeping your feet as clean as possible. Well, you know what I mean- being a treeman. A note on our antibacterials.

In this article we talk about odor. See the section under dealing with pungent odor.
https://careremotestore.com/blogs/blog/lessons-from-an-epic-analysis-of-sock-material-what-we-learned

Foot odor? I have personally worn them 3 weeks straight. Now this depends on how much you sweat, diet etc. But, you should be able to wear them for days with no problem.

I've written about some of this on our website at careremotestore.com and on the blog. Always happy to chat and answer questions.

We've got a sale going on right now and I have cut prices for the time being to help people out.

https://careremotestore.com

You can also shoot us an email to support@careremote.io

Rob Stafari

I'd be willing to try them out and give an honest review. I've worn nothing but high quality merino wool socks for well over twenty years. Have tried all the major brands, as well as some of the cheaper ones from places like costco and bass pro shop. That said, I sincerely doubt I will ever pay for another pair of socks that are not darn tough. Not only are they made right here in the US of A. They have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. I have used it and they honor it as advertised, no questions asked. There's just something about being able to send in socks I've had since I was a teenager, worn holes through them, and send them back for a new pair. Just can't beat it.

rustykfd

@phillipsv

I’d be willing/interested in trying a pair. I am also a long time advocate of merino wool socks and have some synthetics that have served me well too. My current preference is merino wool, mostly smart wool, drymax is my favorite synthetic.

I am a little of a tree guy, but all firefighter. I work for a city department and specialize in large fire incident management. I have worn some socks out in one wearing on forest fires in logger boots. I admire smart wool socks as I can do a 2 week assignment with 2 pairs of socks and no laundry service, can your socks do that? I’d love to try......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hosocat

Just an observation...I did a little pressure washing in the driveway yesterday. I was wearing cotton sweatpants and croc sandals with a pair of thick wool socks (yeah, don't ask me why. I don't know why I do half the things I do). Anyway, my legs got soaked from the knees down. After an hour or so out in the cold air my lower legs were freezing cold, but even in sopping wet wool socks my feet were still warm.

I'd be willing to try them out and give an honest review. I've worn nothing but high quality merino wool socks for well over twenty years. Have tried all the major brands, as well as some of the cheaper ones from places like costco and bass pro shop. That said, I sincerely doubt I will ever pay for another pair of socks that are not darn tough. Not only are they made right here in the US of A. They have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. I have used it and they honor it as advertised, no questions asked. There's just something about being able to send in socks I've had since I was a teenager, worn holes through them, and send them back for a new pair. Just can't beat it.
We've had in-depth discussions about lifetime guarantee. I believe L.L Bean offered a guarantee like this. To my knowledge it was discontinued. Every sock will have wear and tear over time. I decided that we'll simply replace the product if there are any issues or provide a refund. I'd like to reinvest to provide more value to customers with incentives, gifts, different styles etc.

We are working on moving our production to the United States which takes time.

It would be good to get your feedback since you've been wearing something else for so long.

Rob Stafari

We've had in-depth discussions about lifetime guarantee. I believe L.L Bean offered a guarantee like this. To my knowledge it was discontinued. Every sock will have wear and tear over time. I decided that we'll simply replace the product if there are any issues or provide a refund. I'd like to reinvest to provide more value to customers with incentives, gifts, different styles etc.

We are working on moving our production to the United States which takes time.

It would be good to get your feedback since you've been wearing something else for so long.
Oh I have know clue how a lifetime guarantee is sustainable, but darn tough has been doing it for years. They do not give you money back, they give you credit in the value of the price of the sock to order new through their website, which I have done. You end up paying shipping this way, but get new socks of your choice, should you want to upgrade/change designs. Knowing that there is normal wear and tear on socks they are covering/replacing I feel this is more than fair. International shipping would likely be a deal breaker, hence the true importance of made in USA in this scenerio.

rustykfd

@phillipsv can you comment on the relationship with you and “your” sock that is being sold and marketed under the name that is woven into the sock by a seemingly different company for $10+ a pair less than the website you provided to me?

I received my “9” heavy wool” sock to demo and I am doing so now.

First impression is they are very thin, comfortable and fit true to size.

They appear to be made in Taiwan by the very discreet printing on the packaging.

I did a 3.5 mile hike today in a pair of Kennetrek boots that I’ve had problems with previously due to them being slightly small. My feet did great, absolutely no hint of hot spots, ridges, rubbing or anything. The only complaint is that the socks kept sliding down off my calf. They fit snug and seemed like they would stay in place fine, but just kept working down. Otherwise I really liked them.
Rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for your comment. That company is our sister company.

We're of doing a lot with the sock and we are working on manufacturing in the United States. R&D, testing, promotion, awareness.

Yes, they are made in Taiwan like many of the products that you own and consume.

In a few months we'll be shipping a new sock under a new brand. Care Remote is a brand that we have been the creating. Our sister company is not in the business of selling socks. Sure, you can buy a few pairs but their focus is textiles. And we'll be phasing these socks out soon.

Our pricing is higher due to our expertise, clinical acumen and product offerings (colors, styles, features etc.).

We started off as a telemedicine company in 2012.

Great to hear, regarding the absence of hot spots, ridges etc.

The sock is meant to fit snug. It may be a sizing issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

rustykfd

Phillip, I think the not staying up on my calf problem is likely due to the 9” vs the available 12” sock and where it lands on my anatomy. I’ve a gut feeling that the 12” would stay put just fine. It does not feel loose at all and the elasticity doesn’t seem to have changed in 36 hours of wearing them. They are holding up very well.

I am still wearing the socks.......gross huh, I’m testing them against my standard Merino wool socks which I can and do wear for extended periods while working on wildfires. So far I am impressed, my feet are feeling good, no noticeable odor, etc.

Thanks for the info on the sister company, that is a reasonable explanation.

I’ll report back in another day or so.

Rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, pretty gross -funny. My record for odor testing was 2 weeks.

Some people like the 12" wool length. There should be enough flexibility built in to the sock for a range of anatomical variations. The sock is designed with targeted knitting for this reason.

With wool washing and drying at cooler temperatures allows the wool to better retain its structure.

I look forward to your feedback.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom