9 GPM pump?

hl_tree

I just came across a little skid sprayer for a good price. Gonna take it out to Muench on Monday to have them fix it up nice. It's a dual 100 gal tanker with a 5.5 hp honda and a 9 GPM pump. Will that be enough to do some SSF work and small tree spraying? Maybe in a few years I'll invest in a bigger unit for shade trees... but this was an unexpected good deal that happened to come along.

Marc_H

The 5.5hp with a 9 GPM pump won't do much for tree spraying. It should get you 30' to 35' with a stream but less if you fan the spray out. I had a 50 gal. setup the same as that. It's mostly a lawn/ shrub setup. It would work great for soil injections.

You may be able to upgrade the engine and pump later if you feel that you need more height.

hl_tree

30 - 35 feet is PLENTY for what I want to do right now. Any suggestions on what gun to get for it? I looked around a little bit online and the nice gun that everybody seems to use for big tree spraying is about $500... it might be a bit too much gun for this rig though.

Marc_H

I use a Hypro Turbo 3381-0013, they are about $145. It's very adjustable and easy to use.

The other one you might look at is a Green Grade JD9-C. It's about $130 but you can add different nozzels or attach a root feeder to it. I would say it is one of the more popular guns I see for small tree/ shrub applications.

hl_tree

The sprayer is sitting out at Muench awaiting a new carb which they say will be in tomorrow. I'm getting a JD9 for it which they said should be a little bit over $150... but we shall see because they usually discount things like crazy over there. Then they are gonna get me a fert needle which should be about the cost of the gun. When I went into the back area over there I felt so small with my little 200 gal rig. They had a NICE 1000 gal rig in there ready to go, waiting for somebody to buy. The mechanic told me that bigger rigs (500 - 1,500 gal) can be had for relatively cheap due to the fact that the spray industry around here is so highly regulated now that nobody wants to do it anymore.

They also had some NICE chippers too... a 254XP set up for a muni I'd guess because the thing had dual axles, a 200 HP engine, not sure about a winch, but just REALLY overbuilt. Maybe my friend who went with me will buy it.. they only want $50,000 +/-

hl_tree

So far it's cost me almost $600 in repairs... the engine needed a new carb, they had to put together a wiring harness for the reel, and some other BS stuff. The guy over there said that the pump is very strong. They still have another almost $700 in work to do to it between the new gun, hose, and needle. The JD9 is gonna cost $132, the needle will be $132, and the hose is $332.

They had a poly 875 gal tanker there with a 35 HP Vanguard engine and 35 GPM pump... nice unit, just needs a truck to mount on. Only $18,000

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom