8mm Teufelberger HRC Thermashield

Njdelaney

Does anyone have anecdotes they'd like to share about this hitch cord? I have the opportunity to buy some of this in bulk at a good price. $128 for 142 feet which is .90/ft. It appears to be $1.95/ft and is out of stock at Treestuff for reference. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

RyTheTreeGuy

Great hitch cord IMO. Really holds up well and is super durable and heat resistant. Keep in mind that if you care about splicing it will most likely be a naked eye splice...although @Brocky has shown a covered version or a sewn termination. I prefer it to epi cord because I find it is more supple. So far it is my favourite with armor prus as a close 2nd...armor prus loses out in the durability category

Brocky

Agree with others that it is a great cord. On the left is covered locked brummels, on the right is ARC, with experimental cover only splice, in the middle, no eyes used.

39E0E624-772E-4678-998F-FE0066F507A7.jpeg
I’d be interested in getting 40’ if you decide to get it.

Njdelaney

I'd love to see that eyeless configuration from a couple different angles so I can try it out too. @Brocky you're either a genius or just have alot more common sense than the rest of us, but it's probably both.

Brocky

I'd love to see that eyeless configuration from a couple different angles so I can try it out too. @Brocky you're either a genius or just have alot more common sense than the rest of us, but it's probably both.
It is just a replacement for fixed eyes, works on any hitch. The stopper should be more substantial than the overhand shown, and can be on either side of the carabiner. On the Michoacán, being under the hitch a pulley isn’t needed. It also keeps the hitch compact and can be used to adjust the function of certain hitches, like the VT, that are dependent on the hitch leg length.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Does anyone have anecdotes they'd like to share about this hitch cord? I have the opportunity to buy some of this in bulk at a good price. $142 for 128 feet which is .90/ft. It appears to be $1.95/ft and is out of stock at Treestuff for reference. Any input is appreciated.
It's all I've really liked since we created it. I mean other cords come close, but HRC is just "butter " when new and configured well. We worked hard to refine it over the first few years and haven't touched it since.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
What? You were part of creating this cordage? If so, madd props...My go-to cord for sure...
Yeah long story there, but we just started using the new hitches like French Prusik, VT....and we were burning through thr sheaths especially in competitions. Samson had ultratech which had protection in the core. I was working with NE Ropes (now Tuefelberger) and wanted something with protection in the cover. They had HRC but it was almost 10.5 mm and stiff as hell. Didn't grab good. So I worked with my friend there to create the current version and the rest is history (y)

RyTheTreeGuy

Yeah long story there, but we just started using the new hitches like French Prusik, VT....and we were burning through thr sheaths especially in competitions. Samson had ultratech which had protection in the core. I was working with NE Ropes (now Tuefelberger) and wanted something with protection in the cover. They had HRC but it was almost 10.5 mm and stiff as hell. Didn't grab good. So I worked with my friend there to create the current version and the rest is history (y)
Never cease to amaze...#Legendary(y)(y)

Worthaug

I’ve never really liked it. I’ve never gotten 8mm to work for me. Too grabby. Too floppy for under a wrench. Tried it on my RiNG lanyard, still didn’t like it was well as 8mm BeeLine.
AP 10mm 29” and Poly Tech 10mm 29” ate my two favorites for under the Wrench.

climbstihl

Yeah I think the stress on the hitch under a wrench is higher and that means tighter hitch. I use the larger Epicord for that.
That depends on the diameter of your rope. On my 12mm 16 strand there is much less load on the hitch with a wrench, on drenaline there is a only little bit less than in MRS for me. But always less than MRS. I don't climb on 11mm or something like that though.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom