6.2 Ford

Just got one on a 18xp, runs great but first cold start after a foggy night it grumbles. It skips at 350rpm for 5 seconds, then catches. Going to put a bucket over the spark arrestor at night to see if that helps. 30hrs on machine, plenty of power though, very pleased.

Mitch Hoy

Participating member
PSI switched manufacturers on their distributer gears and we haven’t had a problem since. Fingers crossed.
Our 1800 (with the 5.7) chucked two of the old parts this winter.
Would also like to hear more about the 6.2.

Serf Life

Carpal tunnel level member
Just got one on a 18xp, runs great but first cold start after a foggy night it grumbles. It skips at 350rpm for 5 seconds, then catches. Going to put a bucket over the spark arrestor at night to see if that helps. 30hrs on machine, plenty of power though, very pleased.
Definitely a bit cold blooded. If it doesn’t sound right I’ll turn the key off, give it a sec and then it’s much less grumbly. Asked my salesman about the spark arrestor and he suggested swapping it with a regular flapper. Seems boneheaded to have one on there to allow water into the muffler and increase back pressure!? If your locale allows it that is.

Sfoppema

Participating member
Have had same issue on cold start. Sounds like death. Just turn it off, turn it back on again and she sounds like new. Hasn't been enough of a concern for me to do anything about it......480 hours in and nothing but good to say. My mechanic who worked with bandit for many years had lots of bad to say about the 5.7 and nothing bad to say about 6.2.....Over the winter never had a problem starting at 10 degrees F. She chips

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom