461 vs. 462

Treetopflyer

I recently inquired from my dealer to purchase a 462 , I guess it was a 462 cm I believe is what he said.. then proceeded to tell me stick with 461 because the 462 are junk! I'm lookin for any insights , experience with the 462 cm ... i own a 461 and it rips .. was hoping the 462 w as somehow better just cause its latest may not always be greatest, so what do you know about it. Thanks for your time !

Crimsonking

I’ve had them vapor lock in the heat sometimes. Otherwise they rip and stay hungry. It and my 200 are my favorite saws.

Rob Stafari

Haven't heard a lot of problems with the 462. They are light and hungry little beasts. Hell I kind of want one, and I'm not a stihl guy. That being said, there's always a few lemons in the mix and that is a gamble with either saw.

LordFarkwad

I've done exactly one job with the 462 and it freakin revs so high it's kinda scary. Dat power to weight...8O

I'm interested to see how it is once it gets broken in!

I will say that this morning, it cranked up on the very first pull. That's pretty extraordinary, in my book.

evo

I went with a 461 to replace my 441 after it was stolen from my house last year. The weight specs aren’t that different between a 462 and 461. The shop I got it from basically said the 461 is more saw but a little heavier, carb = better, etc.. I wouldn’t hesitate putting a 32” bar on it for production work, and even 36” occasional

Crimsonking

I dunno, I feel the weight difference when it’s hanging on my saddle. Had the 462 hanging all afternoon on a crane job. It ripped the tree and was easier on my hip. I haven’t looked at the spec comparisons, but it seems that the 2 relies more on speed, where the 1 has more torque? Feel free to shoot that down with real facts, though.

evo

I dunno, I feel the weight difference when it’s hanging on my saddle. Had the 462 hanging all afternoon on a crane job. It ripped the tree and was easier on my hip. I haven’t looked at the spec comparisons, but it seems that the 2 relies more on speed, where the 1 has more torque? Feel free to shoot that down with real facts, though.
Powerhead is 1.4 lbs heavier for the 461.. I like torque.. But to be honest I only hand it from my belt about once a year

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom