3D Printed gear hooks

I have a solution: print a 3D wire-style gate that spring loads and add it to that hook and you got yourself an original, that nobody can claim is a ripoff. I humbly accept 20% of the proceeds. :p

colb

Been here a while
I like the fact that the material looks rated for a certain weight, and to break if more weight is applied. The aluminum construction of the Shembiner will not break away as easily. Looks like a very good improvement on a very good product.

treesap

Participating member
I like the fact that the material looks rated for a certain weight, and to break if more weight is applied. The aluminum construction of the Shembiner will not break away as easily. Looks like a very good improvement on a very good product.
I have pulled about 60 or so pounds on these, without breaking, maybe I should get a fish scale and break one soon, then I can atleast load rate them

although if a top comes out, or a big limb and it snags whatever is on this hook, im very sure it will break away, but its not breaking under normal use (I have accidentally caught my slings that were hanging on these hooks while walking, and the hook held)

Chris Schultz

Participating member
I was thinking of a dovetail joint and a rubber gate, once I get a few ideas, I will renew my fusion 360 license and make some new ones
I like the open hook style, at least for saw stowing.... it is very easy to stow/deploy a saw from. I was using a transporter for this before, don’t get me wrong I love the transportor (a lot) but sometimes deploying the saw one handed was a challenge, especially with cold or gloved hands.

Christrees

Participating member
I like the open hook style, at least for saw stowing.... it is very easy to stow/deploy a saw from. I was using a transporter for this before, don’t get me wrong I love the transportor (a lot) but sometimes deploying the saw one handed was a challenge, especially with cold or gloved hands.
Right that's why I like this idea as well. I have a shembinner and love it. So I know I'll like these. I want 1 at some point but all my carritools are new so I don't need 1 yet. But when I do I'll be getting 1 of these.

rico

Been here a while
Gee, what the heck happened to the original "3d printed Shembiner style gear hook" title? A little too honest for ya Sap?

Last edited:

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Stolen from Marv wayyyyyy back in early '70-s then

Who gets the credit...and royalties

today I rooted out the remains of my first harness Marv got me a belt that we reconfigured

look at the hook made from round stock and the remains of the other hook made from flat stock. This was built in about ‘75 maybe ‘76

where did the original hook come from?

Attachments

• E7199F8D-B585-4401-B2FE-3FB80D1EC499.jpeg
    E7199F8D-B585-4401-B2FE-3FB80D1EC499.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • A26F2BB2-EAFB-42C9-9E5A-BA1409C28D8D.jpeg
    A26F2BB2-EAFB-42C9-9E5A-BA1409C28D8D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom