2020 , 9th CT annual Rec climb !

goodaking

Looking forward to trying out some new gear this year at the 9th annual rec climb February 23 in Sandy Hook CT! Meet at Starbucks at 8:30am to get fueled up to climb some amazing trees! Exit 10 off I 84 Sandy Hook CT. This climb can be as big as you all want to make it. comp practice, or just hanging out in the tree tops or checking out new techniques and gear. We usually keep the climb on rain or shine.
Looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces!
Ian

moss

I'll bring a new tree-o-board, my original is in NC at Chip and Nora's backwoods tree climber and cat ranch. Will be bringing a couple different variations on my new cinching lanyard design. Short one has a captive ring the long one 80' with a slic pin (or recessed hex head screw in) bow shackle for more flexible canopy anchor options. I'll have an original SAKA still in the bag knee ascender to give away for whoever travels the furthest or if that person already has one whoever wants it the most ;-) Thx Ian, looking forward to it.

Tuebor

I can't commit yet - that's at the end of my son's winter school break, so we might be on the road. If we're back early, I'll hop on over. Really want to try the Moss Cinching Lanyard. Andrew, let us know if you have a Mass climb in March.

moss

We're expecting a MASSIVE turnout if only because Ian is such a geat host and knows where some great woods trees are. But a free original and unused SAKA awarded to the climber who begs and grovels the most? Priceless. And you get to admire and/or ride on the latest Tree-O-Board Dream Rider. Geez, you better be there.
-AJ

ductaper

I'm planning on coming up from NJ to meet with you guys. Can't wait!

Does anyone bring kids usually or no? Wondering if there's a playground nearby where my wife and kids could spend some time while we're all together. If not they'd likely stay behind. Thanks.

moss

I'm planning on coming up from NJ to meet with you guys. Can't wait!

Does anyone bring kids usually or no? Wondering if there's a playground nearby where my wife and kids could spend some time while we're all together. If not they'd likely stay behind. Thanks.
Ian might know, if they want to go to Connecticut I'm sure they can find something fun to do. They're certainly welcome to hang with the climbers too.
-AJ

goodaking

Hey guys the weather is looking great for Sunday! looking forward to seeing everyone! most likely we will be hiking a bit to get to the trees. There are lots of great places to bring kids around town here. Play grounds fields, shops and dinning. If the kids are up for a good hike feel free to bring them along. Also a good idea to bring food and water as we will be deep in the woods.
lots of wildlife! i had a bob cat in my driveway this morning!

moss

@ductaper got the SAKA, he traveled the furthest and perhaps more surprising (or not) out of 6 or 7 climbers the only one not already flying a knee ascender ;-) Incredible blue sky day, some fine oaks, great people. What more could you ask for? Ok JeffGu keep it cool, not talking about that! As usual with these things too busy doing, not much time for photos, i’ll post what I got when I finish the ride home.
-AJ

ductaper

Thank you Ian @goodaking for your hospitality, @moss for the beautiful original SAKA (which I will treasure!) that really helped me fly up the rope, as well as Aaron and Justin and everyone who patiently showed the new guy "the ropes". You are an awesome bunch of guys! So happy to meet you all.

Greg

goodaking

Hey Guys! Sorry for the the late post response. It was so Nice to meet everyone at the last Months climb! As always it was nice to see familiar faces and new ones. It was great to see my kids having a blast on Moss's Tree o'board!
I really like seeing Moss's new lanyard set up with shackle! I'm definitely going to incorporate this type of tool in to my climbing system! Awesome Job once again! Nice talking with the guys from Sava tree , hanging out with Roberto , Greg and Aaron! hope to see you all soon.
Ill try and get some pics up soon

Karissa67

I really like working with children. We organize hiking trips with climbing elements. I am writing a book about children's tourism and real photos and stories will help promote my content.
рукпту.jpg
I use such resources https://edubirdie.com/thesis-writing-help to search for comparisons and quotes. I want to create a group of children who have practical skills. Children should know about active tourism and how to implement it

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom