2019 Vermeer SC552 Stump Grinder

FOR SALE: 2019 Vermeer SC552. Remote control. 4x4. 354 hours. Kohler Diesel. Just serviced. New River Revolution wheel with new teeth and extras. Also comes with the old Vermeer wheel if you want it. Will deliver for a fee. 49k.
IMG_5814.jpg
IMG_5807.jpg

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
What’s wrong with grinding stumps? It’s the highest profit service we offer!
maintenance costs and mainly don’t enjoy it especially when it’s dry
68k stumper
60k truck
10k trailer
Loading unloading 30 min at the job talking stumping and clean up 1-1/2- 2 hrs and people complain about $200
I’ve made 4K in a day by myself by doing only stumps but only happens maybe twice a year

Plus at 600 hrs broke the crank new 85 hp Cummins 8k installed
With the WOW warranty
So I have a bad taste for stumping
Whip out wallet is the WOW warranty

Reach

Been here a while
maintenance costs and mainly don’t enjoy it especially when it’s dry
68k stumper
60k truck
10k trailer
Loading unloading 30 min at the job talking stumping and clean up 1-1/2- 2 hrs and people complain about $200
I’ve made 4K in a day by myself by doing only stumps but only happens maybe twice a year

Plus at 600 hrs broke the crank new 85 hp Cummins 8k installed
With the WOW warranty
So I have a bad taste for stumping
Whip out wallet is the WOW warranty
That is rough! We run the stump grinder out by itself, group stumps together to make a full day and one guy runs it. $2k/day on average, 4-8 stops per day. We don’t do cleanup or seeding, just a quick raking around the pile to neaten it.

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
That is rough! We run the stump grinder out by itself, group stumps together to make a full day and one guy runs it. $2k/day on average, 4-8 stops per day. We don’t do cleanup or seeding, just a quick raking around the pile to neaten it.
We finish our jobs as we go and only do stumps only jobs mostly solo
I usually can finish the stumps while the last of clean up and loading so the team are not waiting

OasisTree

Participating member
Not sure how you get by with that, most elderly clients or clients with vacation homes don't have the strength or the time to clean up stump chips. Especially the big stumps!

We usually just take our stump grinder along when we need it on the job, and then the grinding can be done while we do the last of the cleanup. Then the mini is there to clean up the stump chips as well.

There are days where we do dedicated stump runs, but we rarely do a stump job with no cleanup.

Reach

Been here a while
Not sure how you get by with that, most elderly clients or clients with vacation homes don't have the strength or the time to clean up stump chips. Especially the big stumps!

We usually just take our stump grinder along when we need it on the job, and then the grinding can be done while we do the last of the cleanup. Then the mini is there to clean up the stump chips as well.

There are days where we do dedicated stump runs, but we rarely do a stump job with no cleanup.
For those who can’t/won’t do their own cleanup, we have a local landscaper we will refer to do it. Or on occasion, we will include cleanup with the price, and have our landscaper just bill us for the cleanup.

OasisTree

Participating member
For those who can’t/won’t do their own cleanup, we have a local landscaper we will refer to do it. Or on occasion, we will include cleanup with the price, and have our landscaper just bill us for the cleanup.
Having good subs is imperative if you operate a system like that. I feel that it is important to have quality control over the entire job, but if you have that kind of relationship with your landscaper that is awesome.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom