200switch

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I have. I just took one apart and found that the wire had broken off of the terminal. The saw runs,but you need to choke it to turn it off- not good. It's an easy fix but a pain if you let it go too long.

stickman

Is the wire in the handle ,it looks like a tiny alanwrench to take it apart. /forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

vinnie_p

STICK MAN I JUST FIXED MY 200T SAME PROBLEM IT IS THE GREEN WIRE IN THE HANDLE ....MAKE SHURE YOU ONLY TAKE OFF THE ONE SIDE OF THE HANDLE ,,OR ELSE ITS A PAIN IN THE A.. TO PUT BACK. UN SCREW THE ON OFF SWITCH AND THE 3 OR4 SCREWS .YOU MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE THE BREAK OFF TO MAKE IT EASIER......GOOD LUCK /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hammer

We are having the same problems with our 200's, aprox 6 of 10 have failed all of which are under 1 year of service. We are also experiencing problems with the fuel and oil caps breaking especially in winter. Is any one having these same issues. Bryan sold over 2,500 caps last year alone, it woulk seem that this is not isolated. Stihl told me they were not having issues with this and we were the only one to claim problems on faulty caps.

Rupe

I've only had one oil filler cap break so far. It went while the groundie was filling it up so don't really know what went first but it ended up in about 4 pieces. Luckily they are interchangeable with caps from an MS260 so we swapped them back and forth for a day before getting a new one. Now I keep spares in the truck.

stickman

Is'nt it great when the caps do not seal and grease you for the day. /forum/images/graemlins/applaudit.gif

Hammer

[ QUOTE ]
whats actually breaking on the cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the internal parts.
I wish you could still get the old screw type.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom