18’ treemotion webbing wear advise!

B7C2A752-15D2-4B6C-8F86-43BDFD294AA2.jpeg 312BA6FC-C56D-4113-A688-28B9DEF013DD.jpeg 7D121928-53BF-40EE-B425-BDAE778DA26C.jpeg F32EC5F4-202D-4ED9-BD32-1D9431345FA1.jpeg 64547126-7DBC-4A6E-B7EC-2EF86D92EF5A.jpeg Good evening,

I’m hoping some would could chime in and tell me what they think of the wear on the webbing here this is only one side where it has the most visible wear the other side seems cool. I’ve been it’s replaceable but can’t track anything down online does anyone know if that’s a viable option? I hope the photos are decent thank you to any responses!

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
From your photos, the wear looks like it's compromised about 25% of the width of the webbing. I'd fail the harness on a fall protection equipment inspection. I'm sure you've seen some webbing with contrasting stripes near the edges. Most manufactures say to remove the item from service if an edge cut or nick gets to the stripe. If that webbing was marked like that, I think the wear would be into the stripe.

If it was mine and I was using it for work positioning, I might use it a few more times while awaiting a replacement. I haven't needed any parts from TreeMotion, so I can't comment as to how that goes.

Or actually, I'd get some 1" black mil-spec webbing out of the basement and my stitching awl and replace it myself.

Damn! My gut feeling was saying it sure looks like it’s getting there. I appreciate your feedback and jealous of your stitching capabilities very cool!

Grafted_In

Participating member
Replaceable straps are available. Got some in storage waiting for a change. Mine is wearing but not that bad. Treestuff should have. Always surprised the hard edge of the lower d…every other edge of dmms hardware is textile friendly

Thanks you guys it was just frustrating how I couldn’t see it being girthed my brain couldn’t see that obvious step. Speaking of not to sure where I can find the webbing I checked the big sites and a few smaller ones any suggestions?

@oldoakman thats a trip you bring that up last night in the rabbit hole I started watching that vid and pulled out my kit to give it a look I haven’t check on the webbing in a few weeks I knew it was starting to go a few months ago and have been eyeing it

@Grafted_In why I couldn’t find those also blows my mind that thanks dude luckily at my shop we have a 50/50 split on gear so that will make the purchasing a breeze.

Grafted_In

Participating member
Nice! Do they help cover new bridges too? Good to switch those regularly too. My boss covers those for us and any other ppe replacement parts.

Reactions: ATH
Yeah the owners are great and still active participants in the field and pretty bigin our arb world so their pretty fair and understanding about the gear if it’s work gear related and not ridiculous they’ll help you with the purchase

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Ok I have owned 5 TMs. All the hip/lower D straps are changed at least once. My evo just got changed at 2 years. It was way worse than yours. You have time. But change will give you peace of mind. Note mine on this toss is girthed inside out. Was in a hurry. Noticed it when I went to climb. Will flip it when I have time. I do not use rivets for the ends. I resew them. 20210926_193712.jpg 20210926_193702.jpg

oldoakman

Been here a while
@oldoakman thats a trip you bring that up last night in the rabbit hole I started watching that vid and pulled out my kit to give it a look I haven’t check on the webbing in a few weeks I knew it was starting to go a few months ago and have been eyeing it

@Grafted_In why I couldn’t find those also blows my mind that thanks dude luckily at my shop we have a 50/50 split on gear so that will make the purchasing a breeze.
I tried to post a link but couldn't get it to open here. Ought to be posted as a news item on the home page...admin's?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom