1 tree

MO_treeguy

So the owner of the company told me today a Honeylocust that I trimmed almost a year ago gained almost $150k in business. He tracks what neighborhood areas we work and how much money is generated. We got a job in an HOA that we seldom worked at that had a God awful looking locust near the entrance. It was a bid for raise and remove major dead. I went the extra mile on this, just because it needed it and I wasn’t leaving till that SOB was clean. I didn’t have any other intentions besides the perfectionist got the best of me here. He complemented it the day after it was trimmed and said we got a few customers wanting a bid after seeing what we did to that. Never heard anything after that but we were in that HOA a couple times a week minimum after that. Well turned out the HOA gave us the contract responsible for everything they had to upkeep, as well as they referred us to the residents that wanted tree work done. After that conversation with my boss I gained a little pep in my step knowing that one trim that most are half assing because they don’t want to deal with the thorns and amount of dead in there, gained that kind of business for now and in the future. Now I know there are climbers out there that can top this lol, let me have this though, crazy to think though one job can have that effect

Last edited:

rope-a-dope

So the owner of the company told me today a Honeylocust that I trimmed almost a year ago gained almost $150k in business. He tracks what neighborhood areas we work and how much money is generated. We got a job in an HOA that we seldom worked at that had a God awful looking locust near the entrance. It was a bid for raise and remove major dead. I went the extra mile on this, just because it needed it and I wasn’t leaving till that SOB was clean. I didn’t have any other intentions besides the perfectionist got the best of me here. He complemented it the day after it was trimmed and said we got a few customers wanting a bid after seeing what we did to that. Never heard anything after that but we were in that HOA a couple times a week minimum after that. Well turned out the HOA gave us the contract responsible for everything they had to upkeep, as well as they referred us to the residents that wanted tree work done. After that conversation with my boss I gained a little pep in my step knowing that one trim that most are half assing because they don’t want to deal with the thorns and amount of dead in there, gained that kind of business for now and in the future. Now I know there are climbers out there that can top this lol, let me have this though, crazy to think though one job can have that effect
This. This is what Arbor-culture is about. Tree care and service.
The prune is holier than the axe although the axe is mighty.

Crimsonking

Yea for sure. We buried all our ashes too.
I just it feels better to work with felcos and silkys that cranes and 660s!
Got me feelin bad o’er here. I can’t remember the last time I used my hand pruners for pruning, but my 462 goes up with me as much of not more often than my 200.

But yeah, miss me some delicate pruning.

Cereal_Killer

I thought this was going to be a thread about your gear addiction...

In all seriousness man good job, sounds like you've proved your worth to your company (hopefully they already knew that, so I should say-sounds like you've once again reaffirmed your worth)!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom