Detachable knotless rigging sling.
robinia

Detachable knotless rigging sling.

Detachable knotless rigging system. No need to have one end of a rigging rope committed with permanent hardware. Just add or remove whenever you like! Attach to any large spliced eye with 2 girth hitches and a steel ring. Boom.
Hmm, I hadn't considered double braid. Just worked with what I had on hand. I wonder if it's better to use a cover-dependant for this purpose for inspection?

Oroboros, I ordered the hardware from Crosby, through a local supplier. I used the 1/2" end link because I didn't like the way the 5/16 chain coupler fit around a spliced eye. Sharp edges and tight diameter. This link fits perfectly with the 1/4-5/16 chain choker hook, and its got a 6500 lb WLL.

I know I'm digging this up, but is this what eventually became the "Notch Rapid Rig" setup? (IF not, the functional-equivalency is uncanny, would be curious what date there was first-word about the Rapid Rig if it's not directly adapted&purchased from the 'IP' in this very post, would imagine OP would be the owner of Rapid Rig IP with this post no?

*with 'that' post ("With this post" sounded like I was passing-down judgements lol) But with the OP post clearly showing a Rapid Rig setup I have to imagine it's *post* Rapid-Rig intro by Notch, yet nobody in comments mentioned the Rapid Rig...would be very obnoxious if sherrill took the IP to sell themselves while writing Patent Pending on it to stop others doing the same!

@robinia I know it's WAY late in the game but that does look dope I'm going to have to check online to see if I can source same parts you used, would just get a couple and use TEC so I can always have a fresh sling & save the end of my 5/8 polydyne :D

*with 'that' post ("With this post" sounded like I was passing-down judgements lol) But with the OP post clearly showing a Rapid Rig setup I have to imagine it's *post* Rapid-Rig intro by Notch, yet nobody in comments mentioned the Rapid Rig...would be very obnoxious if sherrill took the IP to sell themselves while writing Patent Pending on it to stop others doing the same!

@robinia I know it's WAY late in the game but that does look dope I'm going to have to check online to see if I can source same parts you used, would just get a couple and use TEC so I can always have a fresh sling & save the end of my 5/8 polydyne :D
Good idea!

Media information

Category
Tree Removal and Rigging
Added by
robinia
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom