20191217_192845.jpg
eyehearttrees

20191217_192845.jpg

Most of my splicings, and most of my new "heavy duty rigging kit", sadly once I finished getting everything setup I found far less than stellar usage on-job, the guy I do most of my work for only lets me rig when there's targets, never just for efficiency(speedlines)
Reactions: Bob Bob
Next-up is going to be:
- Replacing my Blue Moon climb-line with a nylon-cored Samson line (either Mercury or one of the V ones!) and'll be moving the Blue Moon into the rigging kit, keeping most of it as a long light-duty line but also making a couple endless-loop slings and 1-2 more of the ~4-6' long, thimbles-in-each-end slings, really love those they're so versatile especially w/ prusiks in play!

- Split-up that 3-ringed tenex sling, will be getting a good length of 7/8 or 1" Tenex TEC to make a long loopie sling (maybe Ultrasling) for the XL ring, and'll use (2) separate, ~1/2-->5/8 lines for the two Lrg rings for long-tail slings (for redirects) That'll leave me with the Safebloc & XL-ring slings for terminal-anchoring and a bunch of other slings w/ thimbles and Lrg rings for fairleading/redirecting/orienting my bull-line to make-use of any given tree's natural strong-points :)

- a 2nd Safebloc, for use as double-safebloc-anchoring, for double-whipping w/ a Bloc on the log, and for basal-friction (with my current Bloc on a long-tail sling, nearly 20' long, the next one will be spliced-into a hollow-braid in Ultrasling or Loopie configuration)

Media information

Category
Equipment
Added by
eyehearttrees
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
samsung SM-G955U
Aperture
ƒ/1.7
Focal length
4.3 mm
Exposure time
1/10
ISO
Filename
20191217_192845.jpg
File size
2 MB
Date taken
Tue, 17 December 2019 7:28 PM
Dimensions
2880px x 2160px

Share this media

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom