You might be a redneck if...

Jarod

...you can name more than six chainsaw brands. - Jeff Foxworthy

Husqvarna, Stihl, Poulan, Homelite, McCulloch, Echo, Dolmar, Red Max, Wild Thing, Craftsman...Good to know I qualify.

jerseywild

[ QUOTE ]
...you can name more than six chainsaw brands. - Jeff Foxworthy

Husqvarna, Stihl, Poulan, Homelite, McCulloch, Echo, Dolmar, Red Max, Wild Thing, Craftsman...Good to know I qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok reds
but wild thing is a poulan

Leif

"OK reds, but wild thing is a Poulan"
...and a piece of crap. /forum/images/graemlins/applaudit.gif

RGus

Jarod I would still qualify you as a redneck if you werent able to to name six chainsaws!!! /forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif

frans

I can name numerous chainsaws but I am tottally offended by this reference. Denigrating me by associating me with the label "redneck" is completely out of line.
I suggest you use this forum for what it's stated use is and NOT employ it as a forum for your slurs.
Thank you
Frans

Phil84

Jarod, your mother would be ashamed to here you talk about rednecks like that. Whats wrong with you?

Alves

The clause "might" is not an absolute, therefore no one is actually called a redneck for knowing chainsaws, only the possibility that by knowing the chainsaws one could "conceivably" fit into that category. Also the accusation that being a redneck is denigrating, shows a preconceived negative cultural attitude about country folk, whom jarod belongs to.

The proper analogy would be this , Being a redneck equals knowing six chainsaws, However, knowing six chainsaws does not equal being a redneck.

Phil84

Everything can be explained with deductive logic. Its good stuff. /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

didjon

Like living in a mobile home and having six cars in the yard that ain\t
ha ha funny man that Jeff Foxworthy

didj

jerseywild

[ QUOTE ]
I can name numerous chainsaws but I am tottally offended by this reference. Denigrating me by associating me with the label "redneck" is completely out of line.
I suggest you use this forum for what it's stated use is and NOT employ it as a forum for your slurs.
Thank you
Frans

[/ QUOTE ]

Frans /forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif

frans

All right, all right
Excellent replies, everyone of them.
Actually I really do hate the term. In my profession as an Arborist I encounter a mind set that places tree work/Arboriculture on a level of menial labor.
It may be to some but to me it is my livelyhood as well as my passion (next to my wife, that is).
so joking about being a 'redneck' in this context may really be putting all us Arborists down.
In todays polictical climate the redneck, or working man is the current politically correct whipping boy. Seems kinda wrong to me. After all it is the working person who gets out there and works, right?
Hey! does that make me a victim?
Wheres my support group? Oh thats right, it is TreeBuzz! Hallelujah!
:)
Frans

Phil84

I get what you mean about tree work being seen by some as menial labor. But that can be said for many proffessions. Its hard to not take things personally when they are aimed at what you do for a living, even if you know it isn't true. However, if you can't laugh at yourself, what is there left to laugh at? Peace