Yale XTC Fire Eye Splice Question

Discussion in 'The Splice Rack' started by vadriller, Oct 7, 2017.

1. vadriller

vadriller New Member

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. A couple of months ago, I purchased the TreeU Splicing Series from Treestuff and since then, I have been splicing everything in every rope bag that I own. Nick did an excellent job with that series.

I have been trying to be creative with some of my old lines and I came across a length of brand new XTC Fire. I would like to use it for a light duty rigging line but it would be awesome if it could have an eye large enough to fit over my backbone mini.

Do I have to do anything different than just the normal 16 strand tight eye? Or is it just as simple as making the eye larger and following the same instructions?

2. Brocky

Brocky Well-Known Member

You use the same splicing instructions no matter how big the eye is. Also welcome to the Buzz.

3. CutHighnLetFly

CutHighnLetFly Well-Known Member

X2 same instructions. Awesome rigging line, will handle a little more than light duty

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. vadriller

vadriller New Member

Thanks. That's what I was hoping.

5. vadriller

vadriller New Member

Got it done this afternoon. I can't wait to get it out and try it tomorrow.

I guess my concern was how "floppy" the eye would be once I made it that large. I noticed it a little with my tight eyes, but it is really noticeable with this beast.

Let me know what you think.

XTC 16 Splice.jpg