X-ring, ring and ring sling info

Discussion in 'Rigging and Roping' started by Raven27, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Brocky

Brocky Well-Known Member

Sorry for bumping this Dave, but was curious how things are progressing?

2. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Well-Known Member

I reached out recently to check as well.
    I received a reply today saying that Dave is no longer with us. I checked it out really quickly, and I am sorry to say that it seems to be true. He passed on July 29th.

3. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

Wtf ?!??

4. Brocky

Brocky Well-Known Member

That's terrible. No wonder we haven't heard from him. Condolences to his family and friends.

SomethingWitty likes this.
  5. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

That is a tragedy absolutely,I'm in disbelief....fooook

6. SomethingWitty

I know. It makes you feel bad for being so impatient when he doesn't log in for a month...

7. 96coal449

96coal449 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. WTF! A great loss to his family I'm sure. Without a doubt we here lost a fellow buzz brother. He will sadly be very missed!

8. Steve Connally

Steve Connally Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh any idea what happened?

96coal449 likes this.
  9. Boomslang

Boomslang Well-Known Member

96coal449 likes this.
  10. NE Tree

NE Tree Well-Known Member

Damn, that's too bad. I second boomslang in hoping he went peacefully. So sorry for his family.

96coal449 and SomethingWitty like this.
  11. Steve Connally

This is awful. I hope he wasn't into the rings from his own money. I would happily(sadly) handle things for him if anyone knows how to contact his family. He was a such a super guy.

96coal449 and Treezybreez like this.
  12. SomethingWitty

All I know is that someone was on his treebuzz account today and told me. Maybe they'll check back in?

96coal449 and Brocky like this.
  13. Brocky

Brocky Well-Known Member

I would hate for his stuff to be sold at garage sale or pawn shop prices when his family could get much more if they sold it on Treebay.

JD3000, 96coal449, Nish and 1 other person like this.
  14. treebilly

treebilly Well-Known Member

RIP Dave Condolences to all friends and family.

96coal449 and SomethingWitty like this.
  15. SomethingWitty

Doubtless there was some arborist in his life who was close enough to ensure that the tools of his trade continue their work in his absence. I know there are a few in mine, and they know where we stand.

16. Steve Connally

If there is contact info I will buy all the rings from his family myself and try to take over where he left off.

17. Steve Connally

I'll try to email tonight.

18. colb

colb Well-Known Member

19. Steve Connally

Dear Family and loved ones of Dave,

My name is Steve from the Arborist forum TreeBuzz. All of us in the online community Dave belonged to wanted to offer our condolences and support for you during this time. Dave was always a friendly and supportive contributor to the family. We were all very saddened to learn of his death. We all would like to offer our support and assistance in any way possible. If there is a charitable site we can contribute to, or a site we can contribute to your financial burden, we would like to help.

I lost my wife and newborn some time ago and can relate to the chaos which ensues after such a tragedy. The financial stress pales in comparison to the emotional pain but none the less its still there. I have no idea about Dave's family situation but if there is help to be given, we are here to help.

Dave had been working on a project of purchasing a large batch of specialty rigging rings from a supplier in Italy. I don't know if he paid any of his own money to initiate the project or if he actually paid in full. If he did, I would like to assume the financial responsibility. I don't think you should be stuck with the cost of these rings nor should you have another box of things you have to think about and have to deal with. You have more on your plate than any person should have to handle.

My intention is to alleviate some of your stress not to add to it. If you choose to totally ignore this email, or table it until you are ready I totally understand. It's an ocean of emotions. The days are like waves. You never know when the next wave of grief will hit and how strong it will be. I had many days it took all the energy I had to just live.

I will not bother you with another email. I just wanted to say we are all very sorry for your loss. If we can help, we'd be happy to. If there was money paid for the order (likely a few thousand dollars), I would like to send you that money and try to finish the project in Dave's memory. Take as much time as you need if you choose to respond.

On a personal note, I am so very sorry. Although our situations are completely different, to a large extent, I understand and hope you can find a moment of peace in each day.

Steve Connally

20. Steve Connally

Here's the email I sent to his email address. I hope someone is still checking his email for him. Either that or I hope he hadn't paid any money out yet on the order.

RopeShield, 96coal449 and Brocky like this.