wtb Stihl HT 131 pole saw upper pole assembly

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Such' started by mattmeetsfire, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

1. mattmeetsfire

mattmeetsfire Member

im looking to replace the upper telescopic pole assembly on a stihl ht131 it seems you have to buy all of the part individually or a whole new shaft unit upper and lower. anyone have one kicking around i have a good working power head and a good saw head, and good outer shaft or lower shaft the inner stripped and needs replacing.

thanks

2. flyingsquirrel25

flyingsquirrel25 Well-Known Member

IMG_0221.PNG

Looks like all the parts separate maybe aftermarket but not super expensive

3. craneguy1

craneguy1 Well-Known Member

Super fun to work on those things too...dont forget to order a tube of the awesome lube that make a mess of you, everything you're wearing, and well; pretty much everything!

4. mattmeetsfire

mattmeetsfire Member

Ha. Very true and i did notice that on treestuff however most parts are not available right now

5. flyingsquirrel25

flyingsquirrel25 Well-Known Member

Touché. I didn't even open the links. Figured there was a price there they would be active.......

6. JeffGu

JeffGu Well-Known Member

On TreeStuff, "Stihl Compatible" means Stihl parts... they're not a dealer, so they can't say they're Stihl parts... go figure. But, it will come in Stihl packaging.

7. craneguy1

craneguy1 Well-Known Member

But are they stihl going to sell them now that sherrill bought them out??? That's the question.

8. JeffGu

JeffGu Well-Known Member

I've given up on trying to figure out what's going on with them. It looks like they're shifting all the inventory to match Sherrill's, to me. The site has that distinctive look of something that's been left to rot, because something else is about to replace it.