Workshop with special guests this Friday...

Steve Connally

It was. So I have questions about a couple things in the WoodenHand book. Couple things stumped me for instance the cake and eat it and the one rope 2 lines, go figure. Where should I direct my confusion? Maybe I’ll start a threat. Be on the look out and please tell Paul as well

oceans

It was. So I have questions about a couple things in the WoodenHand book. Couple things stumped me for instance the cake and eat it and the one rope 2 lines, go figure. Where should I direct my confusion? Maybe I’ll start a threat. Be on the look out and please tell Paul as well
Maybe Paul can chime in here. And maybe our next workshop should be held with everyone in the book as a presenter...The Epic SRS Workshop of Dreams!

SoftBankHawks

When we start to peel back the extraneous layers around ‘technique’, climbers, ground workers, bucket gays and gals should all arrive at the same conclusion, and that is that our bodies, our breath and control of the conscious mind are everything, period. Wouldn’t it be interesting to delve into this? To start at a place that can not help but elevate our skill, pronounce efficiency and promote longevity.
Eric’s workshop was important and I want it to be the start of many and I urge you to get in touch with him or Shelter Tree.
Most of us are at least a little bashed in and bent up, learn the ways of the Octo-Arb....you saw it here first !!

Attachments

Steve Connally

Great thoughts I’m always amazed at the mental state achieved during the climb. It’s so complex but so simple. Unfortunately I can’t articulate it into words. Those that have experienced it know it. Athletes call it the zone. I call it my happy place

moss

Mr SB Hawks, I'm very excited to have had the chance to meet and climb with you and your traveling crew! I'm onboard to witness and participate as needed in efforts going forward to bring folks much needed insights into the inner game of climbing and work. Looking forward to what's next, climb on!
-AJ

SoftBankHawks

Mr SB Hawks, I'm very excited to have had the chance to meet and climb with you and your traveling crew! I'm onboard to witness and participate as needed in efforts going forward to bring folks much needed insights into the inner game of climbing and work. Looking forward to what's next, climb on!
-AJ
Thank you and likewise. Next November in Mie, Japan I will run another week long climbing and rigging session that looks at the inner and outer workings of what it is to climb and rig, consider yourself officially on-board!

oceans

I really want to express my thanks to everyone who attended and helped make it possible. You’re a superstar, @treebeach ! George, thanks for all the support! Paul, Seiji, Yuji & Norio, I appreciate all your help and contributions. Hopefully I’ll have 6 more arms by the next workshop. If not, we’ll do it anyway!

Gorman

I had a great time absorbing tips and experience that day. Already putting it to use. Many thanks for setting it up Eric and many more thanks to the folks from Japan for coming out to teach. And of course props to George & crew from shelter.

oceans

Ha! Yes! The Jared Cinch and off the shelf Canola! So great...thanks for coming, Gorman.

I was sawmilling for the last two days and really doing the hand stretches more than normal. Have you been able to work in any of the pre/post work day stretches?

Gorman

Ha! Yes! The Jared Cinch and off the shelf Canola! So great...thanks for coming, Gorman.

I was sawmilling for the last two days and really doing the hand stretches more than normal. Have you been able to work in any of the pre/post work day stretches?
I stretch one way or another every day. My shoulder turned out fine. An elongated ligament or of some sort. I used to do those hand stretches before every time I’d play guitar but I never thought of doing them before starting a saw.