Working In Hell

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Last week I talked with my brother, arbo too, who lives in Dallas. A couple of days before he was feeling really heated up. like he was wearing a cotton t-shirt not a tech/wicking shirt. When he got home he realized the shirt was inside out. next day, tag on the inside, and much more comfortable.

Proper clothing in the summer is just as important as in the winter.

frashdog

Every summer/winter season we do this.
Oh it's so hot...oh now it's so cold.

I'm the guy in 90degree weather who cranks the ac till I get a chill...then I put the seat heaters on, ac still blasting. I feel calm when I get out of the vehicle.

Legit...it's all about your clothing and intake of liquids and solids.
We call sweating, swimming. Jump in or go home.
Ain't but a thang once yer in.

Treetopflyer

I always schedule a pruning job when it's ninety or above so at least were working in some shade. To hell with the removals in the heat, but I did just figure a way to get my umbrella mounted over stump grinder..some days they fall under the sun. If it's that damn hot and humid company sponsered fishing trip always raises the moral on my crew

sherwood7

Last week I talked with my brother, arbo too, who lives in Dallas. A couple of days before he was feeling really heated up. like he was wearing a cotton t-shirt not a tech/wicking shirt. When he got home he realized the shirt was inside out. next day, tag on the inside, and much more comfortable.

Proper clothing in the summer is just as important as in the winter.
Proper clothing, hydration, and food are key. But, at the end of the day I think it's almost more of a mindset. I just think of it as a hot day or a cold day and act accordingly. But I'm in Colorado so I'm spoiled

tc262

It's going to be extra hot this week here in Wisconsin! They have heat advisorys already out and are saying the temps will be 97-98 degrees with a heat index around 110. Might be the norm down in Georgia but up here we're not use to this kind of heat.

Last edited:

96coal449

It's going to be extra hot this week here in Wisconsin! They have heat advisorys already out and are saying the temps will be 97-98 degrees with a heat index around 110. Might be the norm down in Georgia but up here we're not use to this kind of heat.
Be safe and stay hydrated. I'm heading to NC for a week to visit a friend and scout the area. We're relocating there in the near future.

Steve Connally

Knots island is like 6 hours from Asheville. About 30 min to Virginia beach. I'll be in Florida next week but if you're down on the island hit me up if m in town

oldoakman

Been in the south for 16 years. Still not used to summer heat. Oh for snow.

Treezybreez

It's the temperature fluctuations that bother me most. Just about the time I get used to winter, summer starts cooking. I wish it would make up it's mind.